Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 50 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 49 50
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
anyone have these installed yet? me and a buddy are just gonna do them, hopefully soon.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by bensenvill:
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Interesting. I suppose ramps wont work either? I was gonna weld them on as soon as I got them. Might have to wait awhile now

it can, drive the front up on ramps, jack the rear up, place ramps under the rears, instant redneck drive-on lift

i hope noones done this yet, when you jack up the rear end then slide ramps under it and lower it you're going to be loading the suspension and chassis at an off angle, again the connectors could be welded up in an unnatural state. see the massive ammount of positive camber you have when you lower your car off of jackstands, yet roll it forward and back and it returns to the natural state, i'd say drive on lift is the only way to do this. this is a cheap mod to buy it could be a very expensive mod to screw up.

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Interesting. I suppose ramps wont work either? I was gonna weld them on as soon as I got them. Might have to wait awhile now

it can, drive the front up on ramps, jack the rear up, place ramps under the rears, instant redneck drive-on lift

i hope noones done this yet, when you jack up the rear end then slide ramps under it and lower it you're going to be loading the suspension and chassis at an off angle, again the connectors could be welded up in an unnatural state. see the massive ammount of positive camber you have when you lower your car off of jackstands, yet roll it forward and back and it returns to the natural state, i'd say drive on lift is the only way to do this. this is a cheap mod to buy it could be a very expensive mod to screw up.

Are you sure? the car shouldent be that bad as it has space to move...

much like your weiner.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
STOP!!!

notice I used the word REDNECK in that sentance...

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
can anyone else (steve or stazi) put dome input into whether this is a bad idea?

much like your weiner.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Based on what I see from my own car after its jacked up, I would say its a bad idea as well. My car doesnt sit right immediately after coming off the jack, the suspension needs some movement to settle. It always sits high after being set back on the ground, so its definitely a bit off.

Just ask yourself this. While finding an installer may be a bit more work, do you realize how much MORE work you are going to have to do if you weld these on when your chassis is tweaked? The connectors will hold it that way. Then you have to cut them off, grind the welds off the car and connectors, and start all over.

Just do it right the first time and save yourself the headache.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
That would be easier if there was someone out there with a drive on lift i could use..

I might have to find full length ramps to fit the whole car on... Friggen hell..

much like your weiner.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Tourige:
That would be easier if there was someone out there with a drive on lift i could use..

I might have to find full length ramps to fit the whole car on... Friggen hell..

Oh come on, unless you live in the sticks its not that hard to find a drive on ramp. I payed $40 for both welded on. Its not that big of a deal. As Kingpin said, do it right so you dont have to pay out the nose later. You got a discounted price for the connecters, now just pay to have them done. -B.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
Originally posted by Tourige:

Oh come on, unless you live in the sticks its not that hard to find a drive on ramp. I payed $40 for both welded on. Its not that big of a deal. As Kingpin said, do it right so you dont have to pay out the nose later. You got a discounted price for the connecters, now just pay to have them done. -B.

Everyshop ive been to wont do it, they wont weld to the UNIBODY

this is so stupid.

much like your weiner.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
STOP!!!

notice I used the word REDNECK in that sentance...

Damn, I was hoping against hope that it would work. Just sucks because Im damn good at welding, but I have to pay someone else to weld these on

svt4stv, did you get my PM? My computer was having fits yesterday.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
Page 33 of 50 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 49 50

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard