Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:

Why is it OK, or a smart business decision for the AFA to threaten a boycott?

Why is it ok for the ACLU, Rainbow Coalition, PETA, and all the other leftist organizations to do the same?

yeah, but everyone knows theyre a bunch of wackjobs.

this AFA group is eroding what little respect the Christian community has left. and people wonder why secular groups keep coming down harder on them.

this protest was just pathetic. and Fords bowing to them was even moreso. they should have responded just as Jato mentioned. they should have said "Ford is like Jesus, it loves everybody."

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by JaTo:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Why is it ok for the ACLU, Rainbow Coalition, PETA, and all the other leftist organizations to do the same?

It's no different in my mind, but I would hope that organizations that claim to represent "Christian" principles and ideology hold themselves to a MUCH higer standard than the one that some of the bottom-feeders you mentioned do.

Exactly, but you never hear the 'uproar' about if from the Leftist....

Ryan Trollin!
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Davo:
Afterall, to what lengths does the gay community go to get society to accept their lifestyle? I don't see anyone complaining about the gay community's insitence that everyone accept their lifestyle.

From what I've seen, all the gay community wants is the right to exist without religious nutjobs trying to shut down their magazines, etc. Can anyone come up with an example of a gay organization boycotting stores due to "excessive Christianity?"

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
This whole topic kills me. There are some real Tools that are worried that homosexual rights have been abused or something.

Get this, evey man and woman in the US has rights. That is irregardless of sexuality. Just because someone is a carpet muncher on top of being a HUMAN BEING and a US citizen doesn't give them the right to anything special! If that were the case then everyone will have to turn gay in order to get the same rights...although I'm sure that would make the gays happy.

I don't give a crap if someone is gay. They can go smoke pole in the privacy of their own home or clubs or whatever. I do have a problem with them or anyone else trying to Honor it like its is some kind of frickin value to live up to or something. That is where I draw the line.
Homosexuality may be a human tendency. And it is no fun when people don't feel welcome because of different beliefs. But, as long as we uphold the basic civil rights then sexuality won't even enter into the equation!
However, many people feel like they just HAVE to get accepted by everyone in order to feel normal. Wake up, there's always some people who never find another group of people normal! I can't go over to a Muslim community or Mosque and expect them to run around putting up Christmas decoration so that I don't feel OFFENDED! I could however hang out with my own group to feel welcome.

Do any of you see the point? It is just the way life is that groups of people won't agree. We ALL agree on civil rights so WHY do these groups have to keep pushing their beliefs on everyone else? If they are being discriminated against then take it to court like anyone else.

Now, how does this translate to the topic of Fords Adds:

Making an Add that shows people, males and females doing everyday stuff or having fun driving is a topic that should appeal to all genders and sexual orientations. Gays and heteros both like to look at good looking men and women. There is nothing that says the add can't have two men cruising around town enjoying the car and either be, or not be hetero. Good art becomes something personal for every person that beholds it. It is universal.

Make sure to mix in all the races of course so no one feels left out, but other than that sexuality has no place in the add. If they were smart they'd keep out of the sexuality references anyway.
If some person won't buy a car unless the adds are sexual in nature or the scene of the add isn't located in a gay bar or something, then that person is just f'd up.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by warmonger:
I don't give a crap if someone is gay. They can go smoke pole in the privacy of their own home or clubs or whatever.

You are in complete disagreement with the AFA then.

We ALL agree on civil rights so WHY do these groups have to keep pushing their beliefs on everyone else?

You just reiterated what we've been saying against the AFA. They're the ones who took the active role in pushing their agenda against another group.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:
I would like links to the ford anti-gay words from ford.

I would also like links showing a direct relation.

I would also like links showing that it wasn't a buisness move.

Once you provide all those links, providing they are all real and not just a blog saying it, I will take your side.

Did you even read the article & the Divas post? First paragraph supports her conclusions.

It was not a strictly business decision. The campaign seems to have generated enough direct profit to continue for an extended period of time up to the point of the threat. Ford has also made statements for a long time about their principled stand for gays and lesbians, but scurry away from it as soon as a few Christian extremists say peep.

The change is directly related to the threat, not due to the lack of success of the campaign.

Not anti-gay, but rather a live & let live stand for the gay community.

Direct corellation for her arguement? How 'bout the article in question that states Ford backed out of advertising after the group talked of boycott...

Show me a link that says it was ONLY a business move and not in response to the pressure...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:
I would like links to the ford anti-gay words from ford.

I would also like links showing a direct relation.

I would also like links showing that it wasn't a buisness move.

Once you provide all those links, providing they are all real and not just a blog saying it, I will take your side.

Did you even read the article & the Divas post? First paragraph supports her conclusions.

It was not a strictly business decision. The campaign seems to have generated enough direct profit to continue for an extended period of time up to the point of the threat. Ford has also made statements for a long time about their principled stand for gays and lesbians, but scurry away from it as soon as a few Christian extremists say peep.

The change is directly related to the threat, not due to the lack of success of the campaign.

Not anti-gay, but rather a live & let live stand for the gay community.

Direct corellation for her arguement? How 'bout the article in question that states Ford backed out of advertising after the group talked of boycott...

Show me a link that says it was ONLY a business move and not in response to the pressure...

I did read the article, but I didn't see any hate speech from ford?? Please tell me when they are anti gay just because they don't go out of their way to market to them? Give me a break, this whole thread is just ridiculous.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
F' this...I'm putting the 6 up for sale.

I knew I should've gone w/ the subaru...

Why, are you gay and now offended?

Homosexual...yes.

Offended...no, it was a joke. Threads like these are great entertainment. Articles as posted above will not affect my opinions on the auto-maker. I've got enough crap to sort through in my own life than to spend time worrying about what I'm permitted to drive, drink, wear...etc that has been approved or not held favorable by the gay advocacy groups.

I thought this thread was about the Christian squeeze.

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Viss1:
I don't give a crap if someone is gay. They can go smoke pole in the privacy of their own home or clubs or whatever.

We ALL agree on civil rights so WHY do these groups have to keep pushing their beliefs on everyone else?

You just reiterated what we've been saying against the AFA. They're the ones who took the active role in pushing their agenda against another group.

Yep. I agree that that they can keep to themselves. If however, the adds were offending them then asking Ford to keep the adds neutral wouldn't be a problem now would it?
The whole boycott thing is rediculous and telling Ford who they can and can't market to is rediculous. However being politicaly correct is in the best interests of the automaker.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Viss1:

I think you guys are missing the point - kinda. It's not about one group against another. Look beyond the obvious & you'll see that the 'magazine' is going to loose revenue because of this move. The religeous group is trying to put the publication out of business. What's to stop them from harrassing other advertisers now that Ford has pulled their ad space?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard