Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
So what should I do? I'm going to see a friend that used to go to college with me at Michigan Tech. He's now in DC so I figured I would come visit over Christmas break. Anyone have any ideas of what to do? Any meets going on during the holiday season?

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
National Christmas tree on the Ellipse. Air and Space Museum. American History. Natural History. Washington Monument. Vietnam Veterans' Memorial. Lincoln Memorial. Einstein Memorial (National Academy of Science)-sit on his lap and take a picture. All without admission fees and within walking distance of each other. Take the Metrorail (don't drive in DC).

Last edited by Tony2005; 12/07/05 02:41 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
what kind of things are you in too? there's so much to do in DC, from art galleries to swingers clubs. depends on your cup of tea though. i could reccomend a few plaecs if you let me know what you are interested in doing. ubt if you have never been here then check out the mall. lots of galleries and interesting things to see.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Tony2005:
National Christmas tree on the Ellipse. Air and Space Museum. American History. Natural History. Washington Monument. Vietnam Veterans' Memorial. Lincoln Memorial. Einstein Memorial (National Academy of Science)-sit on his lap and take a picture. All without admission fees and within walking distance of each other. Take the Metrorail (don't drive in DC).

I'm going to the Viernam memorial for sure. See my uncles name. Also going to see Lincoln and the Washington Monument for sure. Prob go see the white house also. My buddy said the Pentagon Mall is awsome so I'm sure we will go there. Also hitting up lots of nightclubs.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by skrilla187:

I'm going to the Viernam memorial for sure. See my uncles name. Also going to see Lincoln and the Washington Monument for sure. Prob go see the white house also. My buddy said the Pentagon Mall is awsome so I'm sure we will go there. Also hitting up lots of nightclubs.

Pentagon City mall? It's all right, easy to access since it has its own metro stop. If you're riding that line, take it on down to the King Street stop and check out the Masonic Temple, and then walk/ride the bus down King Street towards the Potomac. Eat chili at Hard Times Cafe for some fuel, then head down and check out some of the bars and pubs along the way. I think Old Town beats Georgetown for just chilling out and enjoying an afternoon/evening.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by skrilla187:

Pentagon City mall? It's all right, easy to access since it has its own metro stop. If you're riding that line, take it on down to the King Street stop and check out the Masonic Temple, and then walk/ride the bus down King Street towards the Potomac. Eat chili at Hard Times Cafe for some fuel, then head down and check out some of the bars and pubs along the way. I think Old Town beats Georgetown for just chilling out and enjoying an afternoon/evening.

Not sure where all that is but I may check it out. My friend goes to Howard so he lives near there.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
If you are into the museum thing and have time, visit the Udvar-Hazy air and space museum at Dulles airport. They have some great planes there; SR-71, Space Shuttle, F-4, Mig-??, etc. Anyways, have fun in DC

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
I think Old Town beats Georgetown for just chilling out and enjoying an afternoon/evening.

i think sitting on the crapper reading for about 3 hours beats georgetown.

old town has a lot of pubs to get a drink at, but if you are looking for a straight up nightclub then check out 18th&Conn or adams morgan (lots of dive bars and easy women). there are couple of highly advertised clubs, but they let anyone into those so depending on the night the crowd might be a bit shady

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard