Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Just curious where you guys with the zex kit mounted the Management Unit to the car. I finally went out and popped the hood in this beautiful 10 degree weather and I haven't the slightest idea where it would be out of the way yet, easily accessable. I orgianlly planned on mounting it on the firewall somewhere but it is pretty cramped up there. Any suggestions?

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I've seen someone, can't remember who, mount it under the wiper cowling.

Ryan Trollin!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
When Randy and I installed a Zex kit on his car, we attached it to the backside of the battery try, underneath the intake. Mounted pretty nicely. I think we had to use zip ties though, but i don't remember for sure. It's a nice locations and it means you don't have to run the lines 40 thousand feet just to get it to your intake. that and we didn't have to go through the firewall. At least for the nitrous lines and what not. The wiring was a different and fun story unto itself. It wasn't a very difficult install. Good luck.

Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
When I sold my zex kit, I included the install of the system to the buyer. In his car, we ran the line down the passenger's side of the car and mounted the control box next to the power steering reservoir.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thanks for the suggestions. I have 1 more quick question...as far as hooking up the vaccum lines, I know you need to remove the UIM. Do the gaskets between the LIM and UIM hold up well, or am I going to have to buy a new set? I have a set right now, but they are going to be used for my 3L.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150

Link Copied to Clipboard