Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
RyeLou Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Oh, another option here. The guy who owns/runs the site/company is awesome. His name is Rob and he lives about 20 minutse from me. I have his downpipe on my car. Sounds rediculous with the cut-out. Anyhow, the wideband kits he sells are great. I've seen them it in his car. Pretty cool with the LCD display, but you can get it w/o and run it on any lap top or palm pilot.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ryan who/where is this Rob guy and do you have any more info on his Wideband Kit?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I'm telling you that the Innovate gauge and LC-1 is an excellent producat and not that expensive. You won't go wrong since they were the first ones to really bring us the wideband option and even offered the CEG a group buy two years ago. I still have my regular handheld wideband LM-1 for tuning purposes and ONLY bought the LC-1 so I could have a stand alone in my car the whole time. If you have a laptop, the LC-1 is the way to go with the gauge.
Their products are great quality.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I have heard nothing but good things about the Innovative unit. Most people on the SCT forums seem to like them as well.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:
I'm telling you that the Innovate gauge and LC-1 is an excellent producat and not that expensive. You won't go wrong since they were the first ones to really bring us the wideband option and even offered the CEG a group buy two years ago. I still have my regular handheld wideband LM-1 for tuning purposes and ONLY bought the LC-1 so I could have a stand alone in my car the whole time. If you have a laptop, the LC-1 is the way to go with the gauge.
Their products are great quality.

Tom you may be right onn thw quality of the Innovative stuff - but I sure as hell am not paying $400 for a A/F gauge.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
C'mon, you're an engineer right? They make LOTS of money.

BTW. What are you talking about??? The LC-1 is not $400. The XD-1 is $400 with the standalone kit and digital gauge.
However, the basic standalone programmable wideband LC-1 that can be tuned and operated from a laptop is only $199.00 and gives anyone wideband capability.
LC-1 from Innovate Catalog

The LC-1 has programmable outputs so you can drive your existing A/F gauge/meter with a simulated switching narrow band output or a wideband within a narrow range.
If you have the LED type you can drive it with a non switching output in a 1 volt range so that although not as sensitive or precise, Green will truly mean good and Red will truly mean bad. You can do full wideband datalogging with your laptop and dial everything in while leaving the sensor mounted in the car and then for normal driving use your less precise, cheap gauge to give you the sort of Analog indication of air fuel ratio. It also comes with a small calibration button and led to give error codes and such. I have it in my car and I use it to drive my GReddy Air Fuel gauge because the GReddy Air Fuel gauge has a much nicer numbered Analog meter that matches the gauges in the car. I leave the datalink hookup in the glove box along with the LED and calibration button.

I know you have an O2 sensor from one of your little add-on goodies because I remember you saying something about it. So you're halfway there. The LC-1 can replace an existing O2 sensor and feed the pcm the switched narrow band output while simultaneously providing wideband to a gauge. It really is a great product for the money.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I have a numerical output of the A/F on my Apexi Turbo Timer which is WAY more useful than some random blinking light - so you are saying I could plug the wideband in my extra bung I had installed (post turbo in the exhaust) for dyno tuning and then hook it up to the Apex'i - all for $199.

The thing I wonder about is you say it is "tuneable" - how do you nean - isn't it calibrated from the factory?

EDIT: after watching the video it all makes sense now - I'll be getting one of these for sure.

Now all I need is a tuning package for my ECU.

Last edited by Stazi; 12/06/05 06:22 PM.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Just watched the video and this thing looks awesome!

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi:
Just watched the video and this thing looks awesome!

Finally. I was trying to explain it. Your Apexi can datalog too right? You should be good to go.
The LC-1 can be configured from the laptop and the analog outputs can be "tuned" to meet the requirements of your Apexi sensor inputs. That's all I meant.
The real wideband datalogging is done on a laptop with the serial port cable. The software is convenient and can graph multiple inputs as well if you get or make something like the AUX box.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The Apexi Turbo Timer doesn't datalog. I do have a different datalogger though that taps into the OBD2 port - so that is a problem as I wouldn't be able to do both at the same time.....or could I?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard