Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1451873 12/04/05 06:07 PM
R
RyeLou Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Just though I would post this for you guys to check out. Innovative has a newer wideband they're selling now with a gauge type display instead of their normal hand held unit. I'll be picking one up shortly. They have a few color combos and a handful of othre custom junk you can do to them (looks wise), but Innovative is one of the best widebands I've had experience with. I was going to go with the UEGO, but I've been seeing more than a few people say the readings you get from it are quite jumpy. Anyhow, I'm using the wideband to tune a map clamp I have on my car which controls the AFR. The map clamp is sort of like the an Apexi AFC, only I can just tune it once for the whole RPM band as opposed to in specific RPM incraments. Sounds cheap, and it is ($32), but its very functional and as long as you keep an eye on your AFR its easily the best bang for your buck mod on the SRT4. The AFR on the SRT4's are goofy though. Anything over 12.4 or so is dangerous without some type of high octane fuel and a decent amount of luck. I will be tuning my car to see no more than a 12.2 AFR.

Here it is:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=252

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I have the EUGO...I have yet to use it, but I will report on it when I get the chance. I paid way under retail too!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by RyeLou:
Just though I would post this for you guys to check out. Innovative has a newer wideband they're selling now with a gauge type display instead of their normal hand held unit. I'll be picking one up shortly. They have a few color combos and a handful of othre custom junk you can do to them (looks wise), but Innovative is one of the best widebands I've had experience with. I was going to go with the UEGO, but I've been seeing more than a few people say the readings you get from it are quite jumpy. Anyhow, I'm using the wideband to tune a map clamp I have on my car which controls the AFR. The map clamp is sort of like the an Apexi AFC, only I can just tune it once for the whole RPM band as opposed to in specific RPM incraments. Sounds cheap, and it is ($32), but its very functional and as long as you keep an eye on your AFR its easily the best bang for your buck mod on the SRT4. The AFR on the SRT4's are goofy though. Anything over 12.4 or so is dangerous without some type of high octane fuel and a decent amount of luck. I will be tuning my car to see no more than a 12.2 AFR.

Here it is:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=252

So, UMMM where have you been? That's been out since 2003. Suprised no one has bought it yet. I have bought the LC-1 wideband controller but I'm using it to drive my GReddy air fuel gauge. Basically mine is all analog with numbers instead of digital like theirs. I'd rather use theirs but I already had a nice gauge and the all analog look matches stock.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
RyeLou Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I just went to their website today for the first time. I've seen their hand held unit forever but never considered checking into other products. This is why I put the "new(er?)" in the title, haha. I like their set-up with the gauge. The UEGO is a nice alternative, and theres a GB on the SRTForums for $275 shipped. I haven't heard anything bad about them, just that they can be jumpy.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
for $275, jump on it. the innovate one is a good setup.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
RyeLou Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Thats what I was thinking (about the UEGO GB). Theres another one for the NGK wideband for $250 shipped, but I don't like it as much. Looks goofy IMO

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/products/air-fuel/index.asp?nav=19000&country=US

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
If you have an Xcal, I would read this: http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2894

Some guys are using the LC 1 with the Xcal, a very reasonable price!

Im going to keep my eye on this thread, the NGK unit looks like a good option as well

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Here are some more options:
http://www.plxdevices.com/onlinestore_domestic.htm

Scroll down a bit.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Here are some more options:
http://www.plxdevices.com/onlinestore_domestic.htm

Scroll down a bit.

I have the R-500 on my setup. Seems to work ok.

R
RyeLou Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Kingpin, if you're intersted in the NGK let me know. I have one reserved for me right now, but I decided I didn't want it which is why I'm getting the UEGO or the Innovative. I think the GB for the NGK is over, but the one for the UEGO at $275 shipped goes on for a bit longer.

Unfortunatly the Xcal doesn't work on the SRT4 I don't think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard