Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Matt R:
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:

ive only screwed with fiberglass

Ya ok, go back to screwing fiberglass, and give up.

Matt, chill out dude. Seriously, if he wants to try and get this done... great! I doubt he knows what is involved to make these, but if he wants to try I am all for it. We should be trying to get MORE aftermarket for the 'tour not LESS. I think you made your point already, the last GB failed real bad, but there is no reason to totally crap on this thread because the last one (which was totally unrelated to him) failed.

My 2 cents.

(good luck btw )

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
First off, good luck with getting this accomplished. Second, if you did somehow find a company willing to take the time to make a wide body kit for the contour...do you honestly think people are going to be able to afford it? They aren't like a $200 bolt-on. And add to that...out of carbon fiber? The kit alone would cost more than the KBB value of your car.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Take into thought some figures:

The CF trunklids cost about $2000 to develop for us and sell about $600 each, and a trunklid is a relativly smooth plain suface with few curves and contours to it.

A body kit will have the sideskirts, front bumper, and rear bumper if just a basic kit is made and not the wide body you're thinking of, the design, even if simple would cost so much money to develope and then the cost of the kit would easily be in the thousands of dollars.

Although a cool idea i don't see if happening unless everyone suddenly has thousands of dollars to invest towards this.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I know, I know, just messing around. Good luck getting it completed.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
ok I will be positive and not jump on this idea bashing bandwagon. I believe everything is worth a shot. I would be interested in the carbon fiber fenders, but will not give you any money up front. A carbon fiber trunk that didnt look like it came off a nascar would be great too. Get some pictures or this thread will go nowhere. More details are needed

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
a trunk with a built in spoiler kinda like the "nascar" one but less than half the height would be cool. kinda like the small M3 lip spoiler that at least one CEG member has:

mystiquevltwin's ride:

subtle but good looking... maybe a bit taller and spanning the whole trunk.

widebody would be cool, but the problem i see would lie in the sideskirts. the fenders could be flared "easily" and bumpers could be made... but since our cars side skirts are virtually nothing, making them flare out wider and still look good probably isnt going to happen. look at the VW Golf R32 looking body kit that some have... the side skirts are blocky and terrible looking IMO on those.

feel free to take ideas from my chop of my SVT with the Hamann kit off of the Ferrari F430:

original thread with the full size chop image

I can play around with photoshop later this week and see if i can come up with anything that looks good...

Honestly, i am unable to afford to participate in such an undertaking, but i'm willing to help if i can to try and further the aftermarket for these wonderful cars

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
First off, Lay off the nascar spoiler, i know many people who have seen the car in person and say it looks great , now dont get me wrong not every one can like everything, but just give it up. Now I do understand every ones concerns about the kit and how much money it will take to first devlop the kit then sell the kit, so maybe this isnt the way to go , even fenders for the car that arent wide, just plain old stock that are carbon fiber, or fiberglass painted the color of your car would be nice for weight issues. does anyone have a spare fender, from one of there tours that i could buy and try this out, like i said ive fiberglassed somethings and im down to give it a try.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
First off, Lay off the nascar spoiler, i know many people who have seen the car in person and say it looks great , now dont get me wrong not every one can like everything, but just give it up. Now I do understand every ones concerns about the kit and how much money it will take to first devlop the kit then sell the kit, so maybe this isnt the way to go , even fenders for the car that arent wide, just plain old stock that are carbon fiber, or fiberglass painted the color of your car would be nice for weight issues. does anyone have a spare fender, from one of there tours that i could buy and try this out, like i said ive fiberglassed somethings and im down to give it a try.

You are talking out of your azz man. I have learned some tai kwan do, but that doesn't mean that I can fight or am willing to fight a master.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

You are talking out of your azz man. I have learned some tai kwan do, but that doesn't mean that I can fight or am willing to fight a master.

If you don't have anything useful to contribute you should just sit back and zip it instead of bashing him. He's willing to give it a shot and all you do is talk trash. If he fails, he'll be learning something useful. If he is successful, who knows what innovative ideas or products he may come up with. Props to SvtEdwardo420 for his determination and good luck in his endeavors.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

I f you are serious with wanting to try this out, I suggest hitting up a junkyard. That will be the quickest way you'll get one, and they shouldn't charge you much at all. Where as if you buy it off CEG even at a good price, the shipping is going to kill you.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard