Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
jtour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
This is a question to all CSVT and non CSVT owners. How do you CSVT/Contiques owners feel when contique owners put an SVT kit on their cars? Do you like to see "Fake SVT's" (for a lack of words) out there. Or do you think it waters down the "reputation" of the CSVT. I say water down because there are SOME not all that do the occasional street race in there cars. And some people may beat a "fake svt" and think that SVT's are slow. We knowing that if it was a real SVT there wouldnt be even a chance of them wining. So how do you people feel about this issue? Or is it the opposite do you guys like to see the SVT kit on contiques? Just thought I would ask.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by jtour:
And some people may beat a "fake svt" and think that SVT's are slow.

All the better to ask, "so, if SVTs are slow, how about putting down some cash for a drag race?"

Boom, some extra cash in your pocket

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
J
jtour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
And some people may beat a "fake svt" and think that SVT's are slow.

All the better to ask, "so, if SVTs are slow, how about putting down some cash for a drag race?"

Boom, some extra cash in your pocket

Mmmm I like that answer!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
One of my car's isn't an svt but it's faster than one...so should i not be allowed to kit it?

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Some people get bent out of shape over Zetecs with SVT bodywork, but I don't really care.

There are a lot of "replicas" out there and as long as they are well done and identified as replicas, car people still respect them. If that's not the intent, then I'd draw the line at badging. Either shave it or leave it stock, but don't add SVT badging to a non-SVT unless you just can't help it (e.g., OEM SVT center caps on the Cossie wheels).

As for getting beat in a drag race, who cares? There's so much posing and posturing and outright lying that goes on in that club that what's the difference if some yahoo makes a bunch of guys think SVTs are slow?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I think of all the "cloned" Z-28's and GTO's I've seen at cruises. If the person does it cuz they like the look, cool. If they are doing it to be "dishonest" (selling non-SVT as an SVT) then no-go. I have an SVT, and if someone wants their car to look like mine, I'm flattered.
Scott

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
J
jtour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"

No I have an LX contour. Yes I dream of owning a real CSVT someday. I have had opprotunities to buy the SVT kit but I fight the urge to save the $$$$ to buy a real SVT. Cause I want the performance not just the look.

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by RogerB:
Some people get bent out of shape over Zetecs with SVT bodywork, but I don't really care.

There are a lot of "replicas" out there and as long as they are well done and identified as replicas, car people still respect them. If that's not the intent, then I'd draw the line at badging. Either shave it or leave it stock, but don't add SVT badging to a non-SVT unless you just can't help it (e.g., OEM SVT center caps on the Cossie wheels).

As for getting beat in a drag race, who cares? There's so much posing and posturing and outright lying that goes on in that club that what's the difference if some yahoo makes a bunch of guys think SVTs are slow?

Couldn't agree more, there is a guy around here with a Focus ZX3. he put an ugly ass body kit on it, and a BIG pained wing and threw an SVT Focus badge on it... The worst part is that its an ATX That poor focus....

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Kitting is one thing, mis-badging is another...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard