Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 51 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Dang man, what a way to go out in style! I feel your pain. As far as the deer goes, you're almost always better off to hit it even though the natural reaction is to swerve.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Sorry to hear that. Where did this happened?

Backside of my neighborhood, which is still under development. Many of my neighbors came to see if I was OK ... I was so embarrassed!

After making the swerve to avoid the deer, which was basically mid apex of the turn, I remember feeling the back end start coming around slightly. I started to turn the wheel to the right and I went to hit the brakes, but by then, I was sliding sideways and in the gravel on the side of the road. I put both feet in (clutch & brake) and just tensed up because I knew something bad was about to happen.

I'm damn lucky I missed the fire hydrant! Looking at the pictures, I think I missed it by mere inches, if not fractions of an inch! I still did not have the front bumper on the car ... if I did, the hydrant would have taken it clean off.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by warmonger:
Loser! The cougar in no way looks better than an SVT!

j/k

They both look good but the Coug does not look better. Unless you trick them out the Cougs look like Chick cars to me where the SVT looks like a sporty family car.

I like both cars really. I like the way the SVT's look with just some FSVT wheels and lowered a little bit. I like the way SOME cougars look fixed up(coughcough mine )

I do not like the look of a stock coug' tho...they really do kinda look like a chicks car lol

Trevor...was there really a deer?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 99cougar:

Sure was!

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Originally posted by 99cougar:

Sure was!

I was just kidding man...your lucky...from the pics it could have been much worse.

Are you still going to be building up the cougar?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
That's the plan for now ... I might buy back the Contour and then go to the collision center where it currently is and strip out the engine/trans ... I need to see it up close and get the front end off the ground and on jack stands to determine if I want to buy it back just to get the engine/trans back. I'm going through receipts now trying to total everything I have done to the car for the last 3 months in case my insurance will factor that into the appraisal.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Wow, I'm sorry to see that Trevor. And to think, you just got that nice, glossy accordian tube put on! Glad to see you made it out OK as well!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Oh man thats cracked out for sure! Poor Contour as well, but at least your typing as you say. Damn thats one heck of a draping. Speaking of Cougar, my battery drained yesterday, it was raining, ugly weather, my friend was going to boost me with his cougar, and of course, the latch to open the hood broke off and I was screwed. Good ol cougar.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Holy chit! One day complaining about bad axles, the next this crap happens! My my how quickly things can change!

Glad you are OK. You have not had one ounce of good luck with this car.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The insurance appraiser will be looking at the car on Monday ... no doubt it's totaled. Talked to the place where I had it towed and they will tow it to a junkyard about 4 miles from my house for $50. There I will be pulling the engine/trans. It will be going into the Cougar soon after to finish break in on the clutch. Wife and I have talked it over extensively ... no more cars to drop this engine/trans into ... the Cougar will be it for this engine/trans. After breakin/dyno/turbo kit mockup, the engine/trans will be pulled and sold as a complete unit.

Page 47 of 51 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard