Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 51 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 50 51
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
You all blow. I've been so busy here that I don't remember what the hell I got anymore. Plus I have too much chit!
I still got an almost new set of escape cams/timing components, 3L escape upper and lower intake, valve covers, wiring harness, white contour power mirror, window motor and various door components, the very usable escape timing cover, etc. lol I've hauled this stuff around but its not leaving this place with me when I move.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Well, gooseneck/acordian is on it's way thanks to Y2KSVT. Today was father's day, so I didn't work on the car but for 30 minutes ... I can honestly say it will now pass a State Inspection! Replaced the clockspring and now the airbag light is no longer flashing and I have a working horn ... cruise control has yet to be verified.

Once I sort the idle issue (replace TB) and the car is running 100%, I plan on titling the car in my state so I can actaully break her in legally. This week I plan on cleaning the garage and getting the band saw assembled so that I can begin on finishing the turbo system.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Quick update: Called Bill Jenkins to ask where my TB was and he said it wasn't on the invoice for some odd reason thus it didn't ship. Luckily he had one in stock (probably the one I ordered) and is overnighting free of charge ... I love Bill's customer service! So, this weekend I plan on installing the Throttle Body, passenger's side outer tie rod end, after market antenna & patching the inner cv boots with bicycle tube patch (I'll let you know how that goes): Read about it here. I'm also going to work on a new trunk liner idea that I have and will share in this thread if it works out.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
OH MY GOD ... the car is a beast! I must admit, 65 miles and I have already done a few WOT runs. I know it's not advised with a new clutch, but I would rather break in the engine hard and there is no gentle way to do that. Sorry if this comes as a shocker to some thinking that I'm abusing the car, but I have always subscribed to the break in hard and it will run hard theory.

Got the TB from Bill J today and just fitted it to the car ... car idles smoothly at 750 RPM, but is a little surgey after being run. I need to reset the battery but was too impatient tonight as I wanted to have it installed and run the car around the block before it got too dark. After breakin, it's off to the dyno

Last edited by fastcougar; 06/30/06 01:48 AM.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Found my SVT gooseneck tonight...

Glad to hear she's runnin'...

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by DanG:
Found my SVT gooseneck tonight...

Glad to hear she's runnin'...

... No, wait ...

Last edited by fastcougar; 06/30/06 06:48 AM.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by fastcougar:
OH MY GOD ... the car is a beast! I must admit, 65 miles and I have already done a few WOT runs. I know it's not advised with a new clutch, but I would rather break in the engine hard and there is no gentle way to do that.

Just do runs in gear. Don't shift at redline. Run it to redline and then bring it down before shifting.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I have been doing just that ... partial throttle till around 4K RPM, then lean in hard to the floor until redline. Just before the limiter, I lift to half throttle and back off to about 5.5K RPM and then shift by fully releasing throttle, pause slightly and then shift.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Title says it all. $55 shipped for a cruise cam camera mount has just been purcahsed. So, I hope to get some sweet video next weekend

Here is the link Cruise Cam

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Just my luck with this car I guess.

My patches didn't hold on the half axles, so I ordered some new ones. They arrived yesterday, but tonight was my first chance of getting them opened to inspect.

First off, one of the axles is the wrong one ... they shipped FD-8051A instead of FD-8054A

Then, when I started to unpack them, I saw this and thought "great, I know this can't be good"

Looks like it was dropped hard enough to disconnect the inner CV band ... entire order is being returned

Page 44 of 51 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard