Print Thread
Page 33 of 51 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 50 51
#1448573 03/04/06 05:34 AM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
that's really a nice looking SVT. I'm glad you decided to fix her up.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1448574 03/08/06 11:17 AM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
any good pics of the build , post motor built and manifold mock up? are u going toms route using weapon r headers? and just chopping them up or using there design?

2000 mercury cougar V6 5spd 3.0L SVT mated to my HMS tranny...... a wolf in sheeps clothing
#1448575 03/08/06 11:11 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Route I plan on using is very simple ... I following the outlets of the stock headers so that I can create a "universal" up-pipe that can be used with or without stock headers, MSDS headers, or dare I say it ... those "other" headers which aren't being made any more. My goal is a very friendly bolt on setup that requires VERY little/No modification to the chassis. Currently, I'm working on how I plan to accomplish this AND retain use of the stock windshield washer fuild bottle.

I got word from my fabricator that the headers I had ordered are done and ready to be shipped. I should see them by Friday of next week hopefully and can get started on tubing routing. I have "taken a break" so to speak with 99.9% of the longblock buildup done. All I have to do now is to order "post style" Coolant Temp Sensor in the crossover pipe. Once that is fitted, I'm done with the longblock and ready to bolt up the trans. Obviously I must first fit the SPEC Stage III and SVT Flywheel, but that is less than a 30 minute job. Mate all that to the tranny and I'm good to start dropping it into the car.

I "may" still fab everything up outside the car, but I need a few bits of metal to simulate a fenderwell in order to bolt everything to my spare subframe ... much easier I think and less time consuming to simply fab everything with the engine/tranny in the car ... I'm still wrestling with this one.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I got tired of looking at the "tub" in the garage so I decided to open it up and take the newly rebuilt transmission out and introduce it to the engine. Before I could do that, the engine needed some things attached:

New SVT Flywheel ... I orginally had it for the Cougar buildup, but decided to go Fidanza for the Cougar, so it was an extra. Add to that a SPEC Stage III (sprung hub) and you have a nice looking setup that will hook up without a problem.

On to the transmission. She mated up without any hassles, but I made a small mistake. When I disconnected the transmission from the original SVT engine that was blown, I didn't label the bolts or document which went where. I did however put them all in a baggy. However, I have 8 bolts and only 7 holes accounted for ... can someone help me identify where I have the wrong bolts.

The 4 "top" bolts are all "short"

This bottom bolt on the "front" of the engine is also "short"

The bottom bolt on the "rear" of the engine is also "short", while the top bolt is "long".

The other "long" bolt is different from the one in the engine/transmission because it has a stopping tab to stop it from backing out ... can't figure out if this is a "stray" bolt or does it belong on the transmission/engine joining or elsewhere?

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/15/06 07:32 AM.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
This....

Goes here... (You'll need the nut for it.)

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
What is that oil return line for on an N/A motor?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

Read much?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by todras:

Read much?

Here is my confusion he states that he has a fidanza and spec 3 for the cougar...I thought the cougar motor was going to be the turbo one...and now he has an HMS trans that is gray in color instead of the red one he posted earlier...sorry I can't pay THAT much attention!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
sorry I can't pay THAT much attention!

Then don't post!

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I bought a 1999 Cougar as a project car. The "race" engine that I talk about (full built w/forged internals) is for the Cougar. I then got "cheap" and decided NOT to drop $6,000 on the ADC kit. So, I decided to start looking for a turbo cdw-27 car to revert to stock and remove the turbo system from. The rest is history. However, I still have/had parts for the Cougar that I'm using on this Contour. The transmission was sent to TH and thus the "silver" one. The "red" one is for the Cougar. Cleared up?

Thanks Todd for the explination of the bolt location ... I have a spare nut that fits ... which side does the nut go on ... tranny or engine side ... does it even matter?

Page 33 of 51 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard