Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 51 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 50 51
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Look, a stock Contour that looks and works good with original equipment is what, $6-7K?
That's all you can expect to get for this without finding a buyer in advance.

Find a buyer in advance and work out a base price for the car that you will sell it at, then allow them the opportunity to dial in the extra goodies while you are in there. If you can't find a buyer,
Don't do anything extra other than put in a working ovalport conversion with a new clutch. Clutch is considered maintenance, everything else is gravy.
If you've got a set of headers available, those may help the sale, but just having a working 3L with a new clutch and good newer tires should be worth around 8K.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
You should PM Blackcoog about the resale value of 3L swapped SVTs since he's done a few of them all ready. I think they're only going for 7-8K at the top end. I'd say if you get $8k out of it, you're doing well and then you've got to look at the fact you've then spent $7k on what you've got left, basically a trashed 2.5 and a half assed turbo kit. Sucks, but that's the way the ball unfortunately bounced on this one.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by tour96se:
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Should have just swapped in a 2.5 and sold the lemon. Forget all the trans upgrades,leave that to someone else. You will not re-coup it at this point. You could maybe get 8k for this car complete. My .02

I'm above that ... that is the same attitude that the [censored] that sold me this car took except that he left in the dead engine and I was a sucker. I refuse to take that same mentality towards this car.

..yeah i'm not sure you'll recoupe much of anything..iirc sunniels car didnt go for too much more than 10k...and that was with a turbo, 400whp,leather recaro's..etc

I wish the body was in better shape, as that would be a pretty good looking car. The fact that the roof of the car appeared to have a tree fall on it, made me realize why it went for what it did. The front bumper missing 1/2 of it's paint didn't help matters either. The motor though, is

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Should have just swapped in a 2.5 and sold the lemon. Forget all the trans upgrades,leave that to someone else. You will not re-coup it at this point. You could maybe get 8k for this car complete. My .02

I'm above that ... that is the same attitude that the [censored] that sold me this car took except that he left in the dead engine and I was a sucker. I refuse to take that same mentality towards this car.

..yeah i'm not sure you'll recoupe much of anything..iirc sunniels car didnt go for too much more than 10k...and that was with a turbo, 400whp,leather recaro's..etc

I wish the body was in better shape, as that would be a pretty good looking car. The fact that the roof of the car appeared to have a tree fall on it, made me realize why it went for what it did. The front bumper missing 1/2 of it's paint didn't help matters either. The motor though, is

Mark

Yeah just because that car went for a steal on ebay...because the buyer set the auction at an odd time should not take the value of ALL contours down to NOTHING!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sinking $900 to prep the 3L motor is INSANE! SHould've just dropped in the oval port with SVT Cams and new rod bearing and called it a day.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
Sinking $900 to prep the 3L motor is INSANE! SHould've just dropped in the oval port with SVT Cams and new rod bearing and called it a day.

Yep. For sure insane.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

Yeah just because that car went for a steal on ebay...because the buyer set the auction at an odd time should not take the value of ALL contours down to NOTHING!

Actually, the SELLER set the auction to end at an odd time. And I don't know where I said that, that particular auction depicts the selling price of all Contours. I merely stated that it wasn't as much of a steal as most people make it out to be with the body damage that it has.

Mark

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Mark I quoted you but I meant to address tour96se...yeah I was very tired when I posted that...the SELLER ended the auction at an odd time.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
How do you figure? Buckshot sells preped 3L engines with less modifications for more money. My shortblock in it's current form cost me $1,500 and includes Clevite77 Mains & Rods. I don't see anyone po-po'ing the asking price for his block work, which BTW, last I checked was ... you guessed it, $1,500 ... go figure. Not to mention, my setup is actually more of a "long block" considering the $932 included a valve job on the heads.

Regardless. I'm at the point with this headache that I'm seriously considering selling EVERYTHING I own in the garage and just hanging up my "mechanical" hat.

Last edited by fastcougar; 12/29/05 08:32 PM.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
How do you figure? Buckshot sells preped 3L engines with less modifications for more money. My shortblock in it's current form cost me $1,500 and includes Clevite77 Mains & Rods. I don't see anyone po-po'ing the asking price for his block work,

Yes we do. We just don't advertise it because Rick is cool.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 20 of 51 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard