Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 50 51
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Look, The oil in the turbo inlet is the final key for me. I had exactly that same problem when my rings were worn down and I had excessive blow-by. It pushes oil into everything. If the pistons are not cracked then the car will be ok for NA driving but it will consume oil. It will not be a "good" car when you sell it as I'm guessing everything is just tired and worn out for any performance stuff. For an everyday beater the engine may be fine for a while.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Just as I suspected - with that f'ed up downpipe design the wastegate did NOTHING! IF the assclown had extended the smaller tube in the down pipe so that it would enter and seal into the small wastegatew orrifice in the turbine housingTHEN you would have being able to regulate boost. This setup had no control over boost whatsoever and I bet most the exhaust gases were just going right around the turbo anyway - I bet the thing didn't even make 4psi of boost! OK, so it's not perfect but it would have "some" boost control - just questionable depending on how well the DP flange sealed against the turbine housing.
Still, whoever built this is a MORON!

BTW the wastegate looks like a Delta or some copy of one. (from the looks of the regulator).

I also love the absolute hack job of welding a cat-conveter heat sheild onto the down pipe as some sort of heat protection. Jesus - what a clusterf@$k!

Did you buy this car of Cardoc?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
This thread=LMGDAO. Sprite can gasket. Damn Trev you got hosed mang.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Yes I did, but I have learned a very valuable lesson that I can now carry through life and pass on to my child. I know that sounds like a corny proverb, but it's the only way I can think about the last 3 months and NOT do everything within my power to get on a plane, fly to Salt Lake City and break this guys knee-caps! I'm going to make the best of it and reuse the components. The turbo and wastegate are usable and in good condition, along with the FMIC. All I need to do now is get profient at welding. My plan is to use these components and rebuild everything from the stock manifold bolt-up locations back to the turbo and from the turbo back. On the "cool" side, I have a few ideas on routing the IC piping better. Between practicing, materials & cosumables (welding wire & argon fills), I expect this system to cost me about $400-$500. Once I can "prove the concept" in mild steel, I will duplicate the "hot" side in 304

Last edited by fastcougar; 12/01/05 03:11 PM.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Besides Warmongers suggestion for the oil...how was the drain routed? Was is all down hill so gravity could do it's job? That could also cause oil in the intake.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
ding ding ding ... the tap into the block just above the oil pan is at an upward angle, so there is a slight dip in the hose ... I said it before and I'll say it again, these guys where f|_|ckt@rds!

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Thats not Cardoc's car, as much as you want to dislike him. His car was atleast painted properly (ie stripped completely) or atleast the white one was, I saw it with my own eyes.

He upgraded his SVT to a 3L, no turbo. When he did the swap I imagine he got it painted too, the engine bay is not still red (Again, I know he did it for the white SVT, I assume he did the same for his own car)

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Thats not Cardoc's car, as much as you want to dislike him. His car was atleast painted properly (ie stripped completely) or atleast the white one was, I saw it with my own eyes.

He upgraded his SVT to a 3L, no turbo. When he did the swap I imagine he got it painted too, the engine bay is not still red (Again, I know he did it for the white SVT, I assume he did the same for his own car)

He did. This is not his car. I believe he still has it.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I must say that is the worst wastegate design I have ever seen. It would have been far far better, cheaper and easier to just use the internal gate and outlet from a turbocoupe/XR4Ti/SVO than that ridiculousness.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 5 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard