Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 51 1 2 3 4 50 51
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by todras:
What car is that? I'm guessing it's the grey SVT from fordcontour.org? How could you not know that car would be hacked? We saw the pics of it.

It looked fine to me.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Terry's $0.02:
Quote:

fastcougar's T/C engine...

before we all jump he should do a correct
compression test then change the 'O' rings around the
plugs and cam gasgets...that oil on the plugs is
clean/fresh and not from the cylinder...FWIW!!

He has a point.

My only reservation to it being that simple is that form the pics of the threads it looks like a mixture of oil and aluminum filings.

Last edited by Stazi; 11/30/05 03:20 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Well, the reason for the purchase was simple ... buy the car, strip the turbo system down and then refabricate it on the Cougar and possibly duplicate the fabricated work as a "kit" for others.

And YES, it's "That Car"

Warmonger: I know, my company has an employee who is the company lawyer who came he from a 20+ year private practice. He also suggested I find another way, thru personal negotiation with the previous owner, and I have. We agreed upon him giving me some money back to fix the other issues and to have the car tuned ... that was BEFORE last night's find.

Giving it a lot of thought today on the ride to work (1 hour drive one-way), I will have to eat the loss and drop in a 3L ... have fun explaining that one to the wife

Since I'm not at home now, I don't have access to the pictures, but the wastegate setup is as suspected: small oriface (have yet to measure) for the "built in" wastegate that doesn't exist. So, an external wastegate was used to replace a non-existant internal one.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I could buy that. Remember the little issue we found with oil on my plug Stazi? Might it be the same scenerio?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Did the small tube for the wastegate extend past the flange and fit tightly into the internal wastegate hole in the turbine housing or is it flush with the flange, just like the downpipe (therefore making the wastegate useless!)?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Stazi:
Terry's $0.02:
Quote:

He has a point.

My only reservation to it being that simple is that form the pics of the threads it looks like a mixture of oil and aluminum filings.

TH is correct and I am returning the Summit compression tester and getting a quality leak down test kit with multiple threaded attachments since the spark plug holes in these heads are fairly well recessed. Nothing is happening until I can do a proper test.

BTW, that is Anti-Sieze, not aluminium

Last edited by fastcougar; 11/30/05 04:05 PM.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi:
Terry's $0.02:
Quote:

He has a point.

Possible. It could be that the oil ran down into the spark plug hole from the valve cover o-ring not sealing around the plug hole, but on the other hand if it ran for any length of time like that then the fresh oil will have baked onto the plug body. And there is a lot of oil cooked onto the plug electrode. Its definitely burning a significant amount of oil. The aluminum filing look could just be anti sieze compound mixed in from the plug threads.
So he probably has multiple problems.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
WOW! That is a terrible install... FWIW, I think your plug problem is just the O-ring leaking around the valve cover for #5. I notice that was suggested by Terry & is a good call. One of the plugs on the Zetec I have looked exactly like that after the timing belt change. Fresh seals for the valve cover fixed it, no problem. Plug looks clean like the others now that there is no misfire issue.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

It looked fine to me.

Since I'm not at home now, I don't have access to the pictures, but the wastegate setup is as suspected: small oriface (have yet to measure) for the "built in" wastegate that doesn't exist. So, an external wastegate was used to replace a non-existant internal one.

There were pics of it and the error was pointed out in that post.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Wouldn't you be able to see down the plug hole to see if thier is a leak or some residue? Hopefully it is just a gasket. Did he have them painted/PC'd. Maybe just reused the old gaskets. Maybe they are just worn.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 2 of 51 1 2 3 4 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard