Print Thread
Page 50 of 51 1 2 48 49 50 51
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by j99coug:
Is it Kenny who is buying the drive train? I know he expressed interest when you posted the news up on newcougar.

If you sold that package for four grand then you made out pretty well after this accident.

Until the deal is finalized, I will not say who it is ... if they wish to comment, they can feel free to do so.

Price was $4,500 installed or shipped. I need to get some sleep ... tow truck driver will be dropping off the car around 8AM

Last edited by fastcougar; 08/04/06 05:37 AM.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Originally posted by j99coug:
Is it Kenny who is buying the drive train? I know he expressed interest when you posted the news up on newcougar.

If you sold that package for four grand then you made out pretty well after this accident.

Until the deal is finalized, I will not say who it is ... if they wish to comment, they can feel free to do so.

Price was $4,500 installed or shipped. I need to get some sleep ... tow truck driver will be dropping off the car around 8AM

lol, like 8am is soooo early!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by warmonger:
lol, like 8am is soooo early!

It is when you go to bed at 3AM

OK, got the front window knocked out and vacuumed the front seats/carpets very well to get up all the large glass so that I could start the car. Inertia switch NEVER tripped ... the button was fine. Hooked up the battery and she started right up no problem. I had the front end off the ground and rowed through the gears. Trans is fine, but there is definitely something wrong with the axles/hubs ... even off the ground she wobbled pretty good.

Here is a link to the damage overview video:
Right Click ... Save As
Ignore the "whole front suspension" comment ... I was a little tired when I filmed this and wasn't thinking straight.

Here is a link to the engine running:
Right Click ... Save As

Well, I need to take a shower and get to bed before 2AM so I can get up at 6:30 and get started on pulling the driveline and stripping the interior.

I'll post pictures tomorrow night.

Last edited by fastcougar; 08/05/06 05:40 AM.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Ouch. Goodluck with all the work ahead. Thanks for the videos!

3L process done
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
What a demon seed!!!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Engine and most of the front end components are on the garage floor. I'm taking a break for about an hour and refueling my body! I sweat EVERY easily, so I had to work slow and take my time and keep taking breaks to drink water and wipe off ... started at 8AM, took a break for coffee & dohnut at 10, started again at 11 and took another break at 1 ... finished at 2:30.

The ONLY problem that I see is a small oil leak at the pan gasket on the right rear ... that's where it hit hardest before rolling ... probably loosend the bolts. I will retorque and clean everything up tomorrow. The rest of today will be pulling the A/C system, heater core, ABS box & lines, Break booster & pedal set ... the works!

Tomorrow I will clean everything and inventory it so that I can have pictures for the classifieds section.

Cheers!

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Well, this thread really has turned into my own personal blog as of late. Finally some closure on this damned evil car ... it was towed Monday morning by a local salvage yard. I wasn't there to see it or take pictures as I was on a train heading to NYC.

From NYC, I caught the LIRR to Huntington and picked up my wife's new (to her) 02 Mountaineer. Shameless plug: the 97 Explorer that this Mounty is replacing is for sale ... click the link in the signature for more details.

So, until development continues, keep your eyes on the classifieds section as I have quite a few parts for sale ranging from the clock spring (brand new ... only 10-15 miles on it before rolling the car), to a front bumper (never on the car) with a Mirko splitter attached (splitter is cracked like most, but repairable).

I hope to pick this thread back up in about a month or two after I have sold the engine/trans and installed it for the new owner. In the meantime, I'm going back to the basics and building up my race block for a few hours each night when I feel like it.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Last pictures that where taken of the car before it was towed the next day:

I always see "wash me" finger written into dirty cars ... my take on it with a philips head screw driver

At this point, it doubled nicely as a trash dump

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Well, this thread started with my problems with this car and it will end with it's departure. This will be my final post in this thread. When turbo kit development resumes, I will start a new thread to document that process. My this thread die in peace

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Amen!

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
Page 50 of 51 1 2 48 49 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard