Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Well I stoped at a neighborhood grocery store to take care of some business. I came out got into my car. I started it up and before I could get it into drive a shopping cart started to roll towards the contour. I quickly backed up (without looking where I was going!). As I backed up the cart continued to roll towards my car. It finally stoped. Probably came within an inch of giving my contour a boo-boo. I would have been furious. Anyways my sister works at this store. I was still a little angry due to the fact that the contour could have gotten dinged up. I came home and said you idiots!. Your Worthless store almost hurt my car. Anyhow the stores are not responsible for damage (at least around here).

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Just recently I saved a couple of vehicles a lot of damage by diving out of my car and snagging a cart that was speeding out INTO the main drag that runs past the grocery store.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
When i'm in the beater i aim for them

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
"We aren't responsible for damage done to your vehicle on our premises" signs mean nothing. Let me ask you this: Do you honestly think that the "This pool is unattended: Swim at your own risk" sign has kept 1 hotel from having their pants sued off when someone drowns in their pool?

Those type of signs are not a legal contract, in fact I don't even think that it would stand up in court if the said business argued that by using our pool or parking in our lot, you agreed to waive your right to sue them if something happened. I know several people who have taken local stores to small claims court and have won their case, even though the store argued that they had a sign. All a judge sees is that a sign isn't implied consent or a legal contract and that the business has deep pockets.

Those signs are an attempt by businesses to keep from being sued all the time. They know that if anyone is persistant that they will end up paying. However, they also know that most people won't try anything because they actually think the sign is true.

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
when i was working at target (very long time ago) i saw a shopping cart go into the feeder. We tried to get it but those things haul donkie when the wind is blowing. Well as a young kid it was kinda fun for us, but not for the drivers of the cars.

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
When i'm in the beater i aim for them

word. and rubbermaid trash cans.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard