Next Thread
Print Thread
R
ronp Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
I need to have my brake pads replaced. My local mechanic says that my 99 Contour SVT requires some really exotic ceramic pads. My local Ford stealership says that I need to tell them the manufacture date of my SVT because some change was made mid-year-production on the 99's. Can anyone help me clear the air? I don't need anything that's super performance oriented, just something that is of good quality/quiet and readily available at a local parts store. And if anyone can tell me how to find out my car's manufacture date that would probably help.

Thanks a bunch,
Ron Perrillo
Chicago, IL

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
PM Stazi, he sells Bendix Brake pads for the CSVT. The people that say u need special pads for the SVT are idiots..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You probably need the same pads as the non SVT.

The early SVT used a unique pad with a unique caliper. The exact date of the changeover is not clear. The Ford catalog (which everyone copies) says the changeover date was 5/99. You can find your build date on the VIN sticker on your door. We here at CEG have determined that the changeover date was much sooner, perhaps as early as 2/98. There may have even been a short time in which they may have been built with either one. Eventually the SVT used the same pads as the non SVT, as also did the Cougar which also usually used the larger rotors with the late SVT and non SVT pads.

If you inspect your pads (you can do it on the car) you can easily tell which ones you have. Look in the BAT catalog for their information on brake pads. www.batinc.net Look especially at the ears and you can easliy tell one from the other. Print that page and take it out to the car and have a look.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
ronp Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
When I try to go to the Bat site something strange is going on with my PC. I can get as far as the second page which has the different catalogue chapters broken down, but when I click on the "brakes" a blank page opens and then I can't close any windows that are currently open. Almost like my PC is freezing but not all the way. Very strange indeed. I'll try again later. Nevertheless thanks for the help.

Ron

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You want brakes at a decent price, that are very good, without any hassle with trying to work out what you need and working out who to get them from - then PM me!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
That site opens OK for me. It may help to try a different browser. You can also try the SP Motorsport site for a similar picture.

http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_brakepads_all.html

Stazi is a great source for brake parts once you figure out what you need.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
ronp Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Thanks to all for your input and help. I ordered the brakes from Stazi early this evening.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard