Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1445908 12/06/05 08:20 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by sysanalyst:
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
No offense to you Sys, but spouting your degrees in here means ....

As far as "spouting off".... I was asked, in a vlugar tone mind you, what my qualifications were. I did not "spout". Spout would infer that I just started "bragging" and "mouthing off". That is indeed not what was done.

In this case of a person with a sick engine, they simply asked for advice. In my experience, I've had luck with worn/rough crank journals using "tri-metal" bearings. That was the advice I was giving. Sure would be nice for that person to install a new engine. Maybe that is what will eventually happen. In this case, the individual indicated that they are not financially prepared to take on a project of that magnitude at the moment. I merely offered an opinion on what could be done.

If I managed to offend anybody on this forum, I surely do apologize to them.

I'll look for the link to terminate my membership here.

unfortun. one doesnt exist

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
#1445909 12/06/05 08:20 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

As far as "spouting off".... I was asked, in a vlugar tone mind you, what my qualifications were. I did not "spout". Spout would infer that I just started "bragging" and "mouthing off". That is indeed not what was done.

In this case of a person with a sick engine, they simply asked for advice. In my experience, I've had luck with worn/rough crank journals using "tri-metal" bearings. That was the advice I was giving. Sure would be nice for that person to install a new engine. Maybe that is what will eventually happen. In this case, the individual indicated that they are not financially prepared to take on a project of that magnitude at the moment. I merely offered an opinion on what could be done.

If I managed to offend anybody on this forum, I surely do apologize to them.

I'll look for the link to terminate my membership here.

unfortun. one doesnt exist

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
#1445910 12/06/05 08:30 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

As far as "spouting off".... I was asked, in a vlugar tone mind you, what my qualifications were.

Uuuu only after you asked first. WTH? I had an ASE certified try to sell me last week that that an SVT Contour needs a new shift cable instead of just changing the $12 end. After I showed him he said, "Umm well sorry we don't see too many of these in here." I didn't trust a mechanic 13 yrs. ago when I took my first car to a shop at 18. The entire reason I do everything myself. The day an ASE certified mechanic knows more about a Duratec than me I'll gladly wipe his ass on his next trip to drop off the Cosby kids at the pool. I can gladly show you my bachelors degree or real estate appraisers license. Both of which are a tad more difficult to obtain than an ASE certification. How about you go post more about how great Lucas oil additive is.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1445911 12/07/05 03:58 AM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
You could machine the crank, use the appropriate size new main and rod bearings. That might be worth trying.
Then it might last, maybe change the oil pump too. Still not a sure thing.

I figure Sysanalyst is not coming back, that interchange went south in a hurry

#1445912 12/07/05 12:15 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
You could machine the crank, use the appropriate size new main and rod bearings. That might be worth trying.
Then it might last, maybe change the oil pump too. Still not a sure thing.

I figure Sysanalyst is not coming back, that interchange went south in a hurry

oil pump is going to fix spun bearings...the cost to machine the crank may cost more than the cost of a new block. Now...I think we should get a group buy on machined 2.5 cranks...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1445913 12/07/05 07:04 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Probably the best option he has at this point is to buy a running 2.5 junkyard motor with a 90 day guarantee and swap it in. Everything else involves rebuilding and tearing down his current setup which if he doesn't have the ability to do himself would certainly cost more.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard