Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Basically it goes like this: I got a killer job, and I make a lot of money. I want to mod the [censored] out of my 98 CSVT. I'm thinking about starting with full exhaust (headers back) I have a drop in filter right now, but wondering about gain on a full CAI, also Turbo (or TT), chip, cams, ect ect. What would yall suggest, lets give it an initial budget of $10k. What kind of mods would yall suggest, what kind of gains am I looking at over stock. Also wondering about true dual exhaust.

If possible could yall post links to the mods you list? I don't really know of anywhere to buy.

So far the car just has a new set of all season Z-rated tires, a spec stage 1 clutch, new flywheel, and a drop in filter.

Thanks in advance for your time

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
So if you have a lot of cash, why not just buy my car from me for a good price. I guarantee you it will cost you a lot more to mod your car even close to the way I have mine then to just give me a good price .

Then you can sell your other one to recoup some money.

**************Edit: My mods *************

3Liter
Turbo charged and intercooled Stainless headers and turbo piping
2.5" catback exhaust magnaflow mufflers
17" rims 235 series tires
SCT Pro Racer Tuning package,

Full gauges, A/F gauge with wideband O2 sensor, EGT (turbine inlet temp), Intake Air Temp (dual channel), Boost
Full stereo system Eclipse front end w/BostonAccoustics Pro series, PPI amps, 4 subs
60K miles, Great condition all the way around
New bigger brakes, 300mm fronts, 278mm rear
Full Tint
Spec Stage 3, Torsen, updated shift rods.
Steeda Triax short throw shifter

Many more things, too much to list

I doubt you'd want to buy it, but floating 10 g's got my attention. If add a bit more cash to that you can PM me.

Last edited by warmonger; 11/26/05 11:49 PM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Okay..

I'm going to brush right over the "killer job" thing.. whatever you say, bud.. that's your perogative..

Learn to use the search feature.
Doing so with these terms will help tremendously:

Turbo:
ADC (arizone dyno chip) turbo kit.
One note: no need for a TT.. not easily feaible in the bay, and would be as efficient as a PROPERLY sized and tuned single turbo (which ADC has)

Headers:
MSDS or "Weapon R"... everything else is.. well.. anyway.

Exhaust:
trubendz
borla
bassani
Magnaflow
Basically just look under the Duratec performance forum, and read the sticky at the top.

In fact.. read the sticky at the top of every forum that is applicable.

the FORCED INDUCTION forum, 3L forum.(VERY BIG recomendation...)

welcome to CEG.. and a serious good luck to you and your mods..

ENJOY IT!!

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
buy a car with a V8 easier to modify , easier to make fast, use the SVT as a moderatley fast very nice DD

not saying the SVT is not worth modding but u have to think about things in the long run

Ford v8s are easy to modify and make power, so are teh SBC but if ur really looking into amazing technology and powermaking GMs LSx series motors are amazing but it would cost more than what ur traditional small block would , or u could just go BBC or ford
YUMMY BIG BLOCK (licks lips)

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I bet my SVT will make your SS sweat if you ever met up with it. From a launch it'll make it sweat but on the highway...theres a good chance I'll be saying seeya.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Persoannly, I'd get another car w/ 10k. Anyways...

do a 3L swap and add an ADC turbo, with MSDS headers and 2" Ture Dual exhaust. And dont forget to add an LSD to your tranny. That will be around your budget of 10k

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
if money is not an issue (as you have an amazing job or so you say), then why dont you go ahead and be the first to convert a contour to RWD.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I agree with posthuman63t that if you want to keep your present car and do $10K in mods, go 3L, turbo, headers, LSD. And IF you can part with your car but want a modded CSVT, buying warmonger's and selling yours is worth considering.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by warmonger:
I bet my SVT will make your SS sweat if you ever met up with it. From a launch it'll make it sweat but on the highway...theres a good chance I'll be saying seeya.

its a possibility i would not doubt ,ur talking about a highly modified car to my stockish (exhaust work) SS

i bet if i had put teh same amount of money into my car it would be faster, im not trying to appear cocky about it im just stating a fact its much easier to make power

And im not just trying to support the GM side, hell if teh kid has no problem with money buy an 03-04 cobra, if iwas a ford fan that would be what i would do , and having teh SVT as my DD.

But then again it also depends on where he lives, i get about 4-10 feet of snow a year im def not gonan be pushing my modified RWD sports car through the snow

its always nice to have a sports car and a DD, as i said b4 just thinking ahead

Last edited by bobbyd; 11/27/05 02:24 AM.

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
this is awesome.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard