Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Static Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
ok me and my buddy are building a little frankinstein car thing. Well we have the frame done and all that good jazz but are working on the motor right now. We had a 97 4cyl 2.0l jeep motor laying around that we have removed the Fuel injection on and carbed it. We have it running right now and its running good. What we are wanting to do now is install a turbo and intercooler. I found a turbo from a junkyard that is off a 99-04 1.8t passat. The turbo is called something like K03 turbo. Is this turbo anygood? what can I expect from this. We do not want to go much bigger then this as we are still slowly kicking the power up on the stock internals.

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
KO3 turbo is a borg warner turbo.
Good for MAYBE 200 wheel horsepower by itself.

It can be used to give big low end torque though depending on your frankencar project.

You should have just robbed an ECU from the jeep so you could keep the fuel injection. Carbureted turbos are a biiitcchh.
If you use it try to use a draw through carb system by making an adapter assembly for the carb where the carb is remote mounted and then the air is drawn down into the turbo with the fuel already mixed before being pumped into the intake. You MUST make sure it is all getting vaporized thoug so it doesn't puddle...a hard task on cold startup.
Dang, I'd say just use the basic throttlebody injection system off of an older jeep rather than screw with all that.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Link Copied to Clipboard