Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
Put me down depending on shipping to Canada

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
I have a second-hand story on how these subframe connectors help the handling.

One of my good friends is a suspension and handling expert and just retired from working on and racing formula fords and mustangs. I asked his advice on how to improve my suspension with a limited budget (with buying koni's on the top of my mind). He explaind to me (to my surprise) the first thing to get is the front strut bar followed by subframe connectors, then to finally buy the Konis. I asked him why the subframe connectors?

He said they are not as important on all-wheel drive and two door cars, but on four door, two-wheel drive cars they make a huge difference when executing high speen turns. Basically the pillars between the front and back door acts as a sort of rotation point. When turning say, left, the portion of the car in front of the pillars will flex left, whereas the section of the car behind the pillars will flex right, away from the turn. Finally, adding these subframe connectors, along with the front trut bar, will lower the car's CG (center of gravity) which is what is truly important in suspension design.

So, to sum up, the whole car twists along the axis in the the car from front to rear, perpendicular to the plane which intersects the pillars between the front and rear doors.

I hope this makes sense. I'm sure someone will disagree, but I buy the explanation, and its much cheaper than Koni's all the way around.

The subframe connectors get rid of this phenomenom by tying the front of the car to the rear of the car and significantly decreasing the flex (assuming the subframe connectors are welded correctly and do not flex) As you can imagine, there is a lot of force that these must resist during cornering, so they must be extremely strong and welded extremely well, or they can fail.

I do Solo race my Contour, and these are a must for racing. If you dont race, then this is purely a for fun buy in my opinion.

Anyways, I AM IN FOR SURE AT 150.00!!!!

1998 SVT + Goodies Hal's How To's
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by abwamo:
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
Put me down depending on shipping to Canada

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
interested

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
interested

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
interested

FS: Stock Diff. Stock Shift Forks SE Front and Rear Bumper
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Interested.

98 T-Red SVT -- TH/BAT Tranny -- SPEC Clutch & Flywheel Torsen - Keyed Tower - Custom shift forks Optimized TB - B&M Shifter - Elky Mesh - Indiglo
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

I have 2 questions:
1. What would shipping be like for these?
2. What were the issues surrounding dropping the subframe with these installed? I thought there were some, but after seeing pics it looks like they dont even mount directly to the subframe. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Any word on either of these?

Im also very interested, as long as the price stays as reasonable as you think and shipping isnt an arm and a leg.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Doesn't even touch either subframe.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i dont know why their called "subframe" connectors since they dont touch either one

the only issue installing them is that all four wheels must be on the ground when these are welded on. (drive on lift or similar). something about pre-loading the suspension..

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard