Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I've had my CEL flashing since the CEG meet in the summer. Since then i've changed my plugs, wires, fuel injector o-rings, and coil pack. No one seems to know why i'm getting the P0302 code on CEG so i've decided to take it to the Koons Ford stealership in Falls Church. Has anyone had any luck good or bad with them? Or is there some place in NOVA that you guys recomend?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Well, I took my car to them with the interior blower fan switch not responding, because Ford has a recall notice on it and I thought it'd be eligible. It wasn't, although they didn't say why (they just said it passed the test), and wanted something like $150 to continue diagnosing, so I said no and took it back. It turned out to be a simple fuse that I replaced on my own (don't ask why I didn't check it in the first place, that was a dumb newbie mistake on my part), but when I realized that it was just a fuse, it kind of made me question how motivated their techs were. YMMV, of course. If I need dealer service, I'm more inclined to go to Jerry's Ford just because it's closer for me and despite having had a bizarre and temper-testing affair with them summer before last, I at least know that the parts department seems pretty cool.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
No problems with them yet. But I did not have them diagnose my VSS problem. I just told them to change the VSS as I knew that was the issue.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard