Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
zetec to desamate all

I am trying to put a aftermarket zetec head on my 97 GL VIN code 3 with MTX which is sold for a focus and would like to know if there is a forged rod and piston kit to put on it.
i need a corvette killer, if this is possible then i will install a wet shot NOS setup for it.

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Try this click me

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I hope you're talking about like '77 Corvette killer...if not, you need ta be slapped. Welcome to CEG by the way! The others won't be so nice...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
H
OP Offline
H
well not a Z06 or modified vette but i want to get a rise out of one. If I wanted to go that far I would have a cobra thats like my cousins '03 he changed the underdrive pully and got it the govenor taken out and is the fastest steet legal ride I have ever been in.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
That Cobra sounds pretty fast. The fastest I've ever been in was my friends '93 Cobra. It has a built 331 Stroker with a Vortech centrifugal supercharger+intercooler pushing out 11 pounds of boost. All of that connected to a lightweight flywheel, a triple-plate clutch and a Limited slip differential. Good for about 500+ horses. WICKED FAST!

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
A Contour (without major drivetrain upgrades) is probably never going to run fater than low 13's. Yes some of the turbo 3L cars may hit as low as 12.9 or 12.8 seconds. But I don't think that will be a consistent time, and will probably only be in race trim (probably using slicks, some weight removal, using race gas, etc).
The well built n/a bolt-on Zetec will be no better than mid 15s, a full built n/a will net low 15s to high 14s, and with turbo or s/c maybe mid to low 14s. Put n20 on a tirbo or s/c setup and you're looking at high 13s.
These are realistic times based on how the cars are performing now. If somebody dumps enough time/money, that will of course change.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
I am getting to the point where I think N20 is the way to go for really fast times and daily drivability. If you do it right it costs about as much as a nice turbo, but you'll be able to turn your power adder off at will and still have a pretty streetable car. Granted stage 3 cams probably do get a bit annoying, but you won't have to deal with turbo lag/inefficiency issues either.

Assuming all bolt-ons.

Build a really strong short block, top it with an FRPP head, throw on a ZEX wet direct port @ 150 HP. Spec Stage III and THM gearbox and you can prety much kill anything with four doors that costs less than 80K.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
150 shot o nitrous+Zetec= pistons blown through oil pan. I know you said a really strong block, but a block doesn't mean a thing if the rest of the engine is only built for 130 hp. Of course you could always weld the head to the block and have it 1-piece Bugatti style... That would make changing valves and doing head work a biznizzle tho...

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Quote:

150 shot o nitrous+Zetec= pistons blown through oil pan. I know you said a really strong block, but a block doesn't mean a thing if the rest of the engine is only built for 130 hp.

I've seen a 200 shot in a ZX2 , and
Built short Block = Stock block with forged rods, pistons, Billet main caps, and ARP fasteners all around. Easily good for a 150 shot with a good tune of course, but that goes without saying.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I've done 100HP shot rhrough a stock Zetec.
I would not recommend anything about 50 without some tuning.
My 65HP shot (with tuning) got me into low 14s, with just a cat-back exhaust, udp, and optimized TB.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard