Next Thread
Print Thread
#1440250 11/19/05 11:37 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I have my IAC in my hand right now, but I've never seen a working one so I'm not sure how I can tell if the thing is screwed or not.

The passages have minor black carbon-like buildup not horrible at all.

I can however move the solenoid valve with my hand and I hear an odd puff sound.

I'm kinda thinking the soleniod by be dried out, but I don't know what a new one is like so I really can't make the call. Also the connector sticks straight up. I've seen pictures of ones that connecto sticks out to the side. This IAC has no ford stamp either. could this be a replacement part?

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
#1440251 11/19/05 11:50 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I recently took mine off after having some problems with it as well, and no, it didn't look too bad as far as the amount of carbon on it.

I have never seen a new one either, so here's what I did. I cleaned it as described, I has to get some carb cleaner and a very small stiff brush. I used a dental brush often used for cleaning b/w braces (had them laying around from years ago), looks like a little christmas tree almost, and worked great. I cleaned until I couldn't reach any more dirty parts.

I put it back on and had marginal success. the car is driveable, but the RPMs still drop pretty darned low if I, for example, press the clutch in to slow down from 3K, it'll drop almost to 0 and jump back up. works for now til I get a new one, and yes, I plan on replacing it still. I would recomment cleaning it only as a temporary fix. IMHO, if it's shot, get a new one

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
#1440252 11/20/05 12:01 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I cleaned mine, I think the rubber gasket around the rod actually abosorbed some of the TB cleaner. lol So this could be an interesting experiment. I think I'm going to go back to advanced and get some connection cleaner and clean my MAF sensor as well. I really doubt it is that, but who hell knows at this point! lol Heck I could way out of my way and even get the electric contact grease and pull all the wires and lube the ends. Maybe its just a crap load of little things that is adding up to a confused Tour.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard