Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Why oh why would you do this? A buddy of mine did when he turned his Chevy pickup into a convertible. He can still put the top on it but it was slightly chopped so he went with plexi sides. They are all scratched up now.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I had no personal interest in it.. however the machine was there, and easily cuttable for whatever shapes I needed, and figured that I would pass along the ability to others.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
2 benefits I can think of....

1) Save weight. Anyone know how much the 4 windows weigh? I'd guess at least 100 lbs (25 x 4). This, theoretically, would slightly lower the center of gravity.

2) The less weight will prolong the life of the power window motor.

BTW, the glass in the sunroof panel weighs about 12 lbs. I'd guess each side window would weigh quite a bit more than that.

I think the only way this would be viable is if the cost is reasonable and the ability to replace them when they become badly scratched. Reasonable cost being low enough to be able to replace them and not worry too much about it.

Ray, have you also thought about the rear window? Will you also be molding the windows to follow the factory glass curves?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
rear window would be out, for the curvature. the side windows are fine, though.. that I can have done.

I'll have a definitive price on the complete set this coming week, and it will be offered in a passive basis..

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard