Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
....with gutted precats. Does that mean I would pass just as easily with MSDS headers?

Randy

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Do you have MILs?

Cause if you do, you could pass with anything since they are telling the computer that your readings are NORMAL!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Well, sort of. Per an old thread I came across awhile back, I bought a couple of devices that I think are sold at any parts store as a spark plug anti-fouler. You thread the anti-fouler into the O2 bung and then thread the O2 sensor into the anti-fouler. This positions the O2 sensor out of the direct path of the exhaust....it rests inside the anti-fouler and not inside the exhaust tube. Sniffs much cleaner air.

But I see your point. I suppose this same arrangement would work with headers as well as its working with gutted pre-cat manifolds.

Thanks,
Randy

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Randy Gunn:
....with gutted precats. Does that mean I would pass just as easily with MSDS headers?

Randy

What does our inspection entail? If there's any visual portion, headers might be a problem. as they're pretty durn obvious

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
All Texas does is plug into the OBD II port and check for MIL codes. On 95 and earlier, or non-OBD II cars, they use a dyno and sniffer to run a drive cycle. So if you use a MIL eliminator it will think everything is normal. Hopefully the inspector will not look under the car and see the mods.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
INspector isn't going to care anyways.

THe only time I ever had problems was when my 1992 Suburban had a bad catalytic converter. And guess what, the only reason there was a problem with the cat was because the new COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT TEXAS WAS USING WAS GIVING OFF FALSE READINGS! Yep, TEXAS paid for me to have a new catalytic converter installed! Love it!

I took my new 1999 Suburban in with a failing muffler (you can hear if you only sit outside and listen to it at idle), and the guy didn't say a thing about it. As long as the lights work, brakes work, horn works, windshield wipers are good, gas cap is good, and your OBDII system isn't throwing a code, you'll probably be okay!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
hell the place were i get my car enspeced is something else

the truck i had before the tour(the tour works good thank god)

so did the truck but before i fixed all the problems i needed a way to get the parts so i had to get the thing enspected
and a guy told me about this place half the lights didn't work

braked didn't work the thing was running so ritch it couldn't get out of its own way

but i got the parts and fixed it up and sold it

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard