Hard-core CEG\'er
G
to racing fuel?

will it explode leveling a 3 block radius

will it burn up the motor

will it run good

????

just curious

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Uh, it would work fine, but why do you need it? That junk is expensive...

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i dont think you would notice a whole lot NOW IM NOT SURE FOR THOES OF YOU WHO MIGHT SHOOT ME DOWN LATER but i think if your running stock ingition the computer will just pull the timming back and you wont notice a great difference.

Mystique 98 ls T-red MTX B&G springs Turbendz y-pipe (running test pipe) Trubendz cat back with flowmaster muffler Costume intake with K&N filter B&M shifter Magstar wires
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Racing fuel? as in 110 Octane?

My car ran fine on Premium 93 there for a while, but I switched back to normal when gas prices were skyrocketing. The engine really doesn't act too different with higher octane. The concept behind race fuel is that, because racecars generally have MAD-high compression ratios, the fuel needs to burn SLOWER in order to realize the larger stroke, etc. Low octane is good in low compression engines, where the gas needs to burn quickly to fill the larger amount of space and exit in a timely manner. That is what octane #s mean in gas. This is why the good majority of vehicles with blowers/turbos from the factory call for Hi-Octane. Those railcars at the track with blowers the size of our engines NEED the race fuel to even run.

My theory on a Zetec running extremely-high octane gas is this. The fuel will fail to combust all the way, throwing unused gas into your exhaust. Your pipe will become coated in it, O2 sensors will fail, spark plugs will foul up,valves will be coated in varnished gasoline, and a match to your tailpipe will cause flammability issues. Because the engine is not firing properly, there will be a DRASTIC loss of power.

Too little octane, however, and you will get something called 'preignition'. This is where the gas 'bangs' before it is 'squished'. VERY HARSH ON THE VALVETRAIN! This is most undesireable, but rarely occurs today, due to standardized gas octane levels.

Overall, don't go much higher than 93 octane, or you're just asking for trouble. I'm finally putting that year of working on little Briggs & Strattons to use. Hope I helped!

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
G
GS474 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
thanks just curious

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard