Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by gilroynewball:
Yup! You're right about flying. It's the best fun you can have with your clothes on!

Hey, we all have tastes. I had no say in getting the Tour. But, what do you do when you get a lemon?

..being a ex carsalesman..i would sell it to someone else.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Gilroy... sell the damn car... and leave the forum. Do everyone a favor. Instead of constantly bitching about your car.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Rager:

All cars are evil.

Well, can't I agree?

But seriously, I only see my car as a means of transit. I prefer flying over driving, is all.

Just check out http://www.beapilot.com and get a coupon for your first flight lesson at one of their listed schools. You'll see what I mean.

Seriously.

Thanks.
Jeez. I hate all flash sites.

I'd like to do a glider, for sure, at least once. There's some glider rentals not too far away.

95 Contour, 2.0L, stick, 178K mi.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Matt R:
Gilroy... sell the damn car... and leave the forum. Do everyone a favor. Instead of constantly bitching about your car.

Amen.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I had no say in getting the Tour. But, what do you do when you get a lemon?

What grown adult has "no say" in what car he buys? Next time, tell mommy and daddy to buy you a SAAB, then you can pretend you're flying a fighter jet!

Last edited by Beachboy; 12/29/05 03:57 PM.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
All cars are evil? Cars are evil wen THERE NOT TAKEN CARE OF. The contours are a great example. This is my saying: If you take care of the tour, the tour will take care of you, but if you don't take care of the tour, the tour will not take care of you. My car is the case. 96K, bought with 92K. Spent 1600. needs nothing. Air filter looked like new. Oil was clean. All fluids topped off. Haven't put a droop of anything into it READ MY LIPS! NOTHING!!!! I took it to my mechanic for its inspection Mechanic: WTF, this car actually doesn't need anything. Somebody took care of it.

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
BTW, I'm not suggesting that people on this site don't take care of their cars because they do. I'm just suggesting others (mabye previous owners, non ceg'ers) did not take care of the car. All cars do have flaws however. The dash warp is no ones fault, but fords.

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by zetec herman:
All cars are evil? Cars are evil wen THERE NOT TAKEN CARE OF. The contours are a great example. This is my saying: If you take care of the tour, the tour will take care of you, but if you don't take care of the tour, the tour will not take care of you. My car is the case. 96K, bought with 92K. Spent 1600. needs nothing. Air filter looked like new. Oil was clean. All fluids topped off. Haven't put a droop of anything into it READ MY LIPS! NOTHING!!!! I took it to my mechanic for its inspection Mechanic: WTF, this car actually doesn't need anything. Somebody took care of it.

I totally agree. Just treat the car with respect and it should treat you well!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Matt R:

You willing to buy it?

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
But seriously, I only see my car as a means of transit. I prefer flying over driving, is all.

Gilroy, I've been a private pilot since 1968, my brother is a Captain for a major airline, and my Dad flew fighters in the war. Dad and I co-owned a plane up until a couple of years ago. My first engineering job out of college was with the premier maker of private aircraft. So its safe to say my family is familiar with aviation.

I would take travel by car anyday over flying. When I worked at the aircraft factory and saw how private aircraft is built, it really soured me on flying.

When you're flying, and the engine quits, you're in massive trouble. Same thing about encountering a storm. Planes are massively noisey....forget about listing to any music while flying one. You can't work on your own plane under most circumstances. Maintenance is ungodly high cost. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Unless you're a Saudi prince, the car is a better transportation device.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard