I searched a few phrases concerning ticking or clicking type noises comming from the engine bay, and read the results to which I don't exactly know what to make of everything since my problem doesn't seem to fit the descriptions.

The two main posts I've read have been "clicking.. knocking.. lifter.. just plain problems" and "ticking noise" and few things that have been brought up have mainly been oil/lifter type, timing chain slack(?), injector tick, and a spark plug failure issue. However most of the problems that seem to fit mine are eliminated above idle. However as the rpm's increase the tick 'speed' and magnatude increase as well. 98 svt cont has 102,000 :/ but around 99,000 I had done the berrymans intake cleaning, replaced plugs wires etc, oil change/filter, air filter, all the basic maintence et cetera.

My buddy hasn't heard it yet, but claimed may be a bad "main bearing" that wouldn't be letting me build enough oil pressure and valves are tapping? (something along those lines)

I'm hoping it's a fairly cheap fix, since if not I'll be living with it somehow.. ha IF ANYONE HAS MORE INSIGHT I'D APPRECIATE IT! (or can point me to a section of a post i perhaps over looked? )

98 Black Contour SVT #1273 Born the 23rd of June, 1997