Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Its an old tired bit already, can't you people out there come up with some new material for Detroit. I grew up in the city of Detroit for the first NINETEEN YEARS of my wife w/o a problem personally. Sure, things need to improve, especially with our thug mayor and the "urban mentality" that elected him, but showing bombed out buildings, cars on 22's (like thats not everywhere and going out of style...FAST) and other stereo types is cliche' Detroit is more than just whats inside the border, its the entire area around Detroit and its taking alot more time than I'd like to see to fix things, but come on already. Do any of you know or have lived in Detroit or the metro Detroit area, chime in and be heard

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You need to start drinking the coffee with the green label.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Didn't catch the game last night as I don't think TNT/TBS or FSN carried it. So I have no clue what was shown.

I was born and raised for a little more than half my childhood in Sacramento. Mom still lives there in her Victorian in downtown and since I only 2hrs away I vist her ever few months.

Been to Detroit and varying outlying Townships twice. My GF is originally from Detroit with a mjaorioty of her family still there. I believe it was 15-mile road where she spent most of her childhood.

I have no use for Detroit and nor does she. While the suburbs are nice, the city is a giant ghetto. Undersrtood the projects have been torn down and the rebirth of downtown is happening but it's still a vast hood.

My bother is a ME with DCX and he has been faced with sucking it up at his current position because he would rather not move to Detroit to continue his career in Automotive Engineering. Everyone he works with feels the same even the people originally from Detroit and GMI feel the same.

What I'm getting at is that I'm sure perceptions are worse than reality. BUT! those stereotypes about Detroit being hood take forever to break in peoples minds. Isn't the Arena in Auburn Hills like 30-miles outisde of Detroit? Obvisouly it was built there becasue the Detroit inhabitants can not afford a nose-bleed seat so they built in the more affluent suburb.

While Sacrmaento does have it's poorer areas, there are no projects, and the city is much more diverse the urban Detroit.

And we in the bay area look down on Sacramento and the other Central Valley towns as being trashy so go figure.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Why is this man angry?

1998 Contour SVT Silver frost Completely shaved http://www.cardomain.com/id/dtox04
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
someone is tripping. and i dont think big rims are going out of style. they always say bigger is better right!!! lol

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Dtox:
Why is this man angry?

Because we're sick and tired of the Detroit bashing, we've got the same problems as any other big city, but for some reason we are percieved the only one. We had one riot back in 67' pertaining to race and another one in 84' when we won the World Series, sorry SD and thats it. Since then, we've won two NCAA basketball championships (89' and 99'), three Stanley Cups (97', 98' and 02'), THREE NBA championships (89', 90' and 04') and NO RIOTS! but yet we're riot and violence town, total BS I invite any of you when you come to Detroit to visit "Mexicantown" for the best food around, for instance. Its far from perfect, but its getting old, like in 82' when they reported our "black snow", give me a freakin' break

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
WTF are you talking about? Did the CA. forum members bash your city? If it happened I missed it.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Why is this man angry?

I invite any of you when you come to Detroit to visit "Mexicantown" for the best food around, for instance.

Come to Cali for some real Mexican food. Although, I'm sure that midwestern flair of mexican is quite yummy
Last I checked, Detroit is now the 11th largest city in the nation, San Jose is 10th Plus San Jose is the safest big-city in the nation and has been for quite the number of years. You might have better soul-food, but we got Oakland so it's prolly a toss-up.

Just in the 'yay we have 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, 1 NBA team and 1 NHL team. Lets not forget the franchises in Sac, LA, or SD.
And C'mon Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, > UM & MSU.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Marky:
WTF are you talking about? Did the CA. forum members bash your city? If it happened I missed it.

Really, what did Cali do to piss you guys off?

Guessing something happened at one of the Hockey games?

Last edited by leavethembanned; 11/09/05 10:29 PM.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Why is this man angry?

I invite any of you when you come to Detroit to visit "Mexicantown" for the best food around, for instance.

Come to Cali for some real Mexican food. Although, I'm sure that midwestern flair of mexican is quite yummy
Last I checked, Detroit is now the 11th largest city in the nation, San Jose is 10th Plus San Jose is the safest big-city in the nation and has been for quite the number of years. You might have better soul-food, but we got Oakland so it's prolly a toss-up.

Just in the 'yay we have 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, 1 NBA team and 1 NHL team. Lets not forget the franchises in Sac, LA, or SD.
And C'mon Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, > UM & MSU.

How many NFL teams?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard