Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
klfdl Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Tony2005:
I suggest that you test the megafuse to make sure it is not blown.

Is there any chance anyone might know the exact location of the megafuse on this vehicle?

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
If You Remove The Coil Pack You Can See It Just Below...In Mine It Is Housed In A Long Black Piece Of Plastic That Snaps Apart. You Can Check For Continuity Easily Once You Remove The Coil Pack. It Gives You Plenty Of Room. I Went Through Five Alternators In Two Weeks A Few Years Ago!! It Was Always Due To The Weak Brushes Breaking Off. These Of Cours Were All From "O'Reallys". You Should Definitely Buy An OEM Ford Alternator In The Case Of Replacement. I Believe Ray Has A How-To On Removal And Install Of The Alternator...I Got My Time On This Down To About 30 Minutes...READ THE HOW-TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another How-To

Last edited by Pale Horse; 11/09/05 10:34 PM.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by klfdl:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
I suggest that you test the megafuse to make sure it is not blown.

Is there any chance anyone might know the exact location of the megafuse on this vehicle?

Originally posted by Ray:
Alternator

the "batt light" has nothing to do with the battery. it is actually a "charging system indicator light".

Replace the alternator, or POSSIBLY the megafuse (only thing that negates the megafuse is the off-and-on light. a megafuse would cause a steady light at all times, which you had at the END but not at the beginning.

1. Check the fuse, first (under the coilpack.. you'll see two metal posts sticking up.. measure resistance across them.. should be near 0)

2. Measure running voltage(alternator): check voltage across battery terminals while running.. should be 13.8-14.7 +- .3

3. Measure off-voltage(battery): turn off car, remove surface charge (interior and headlights on for 60 seconds)..
should be >=12.0
How-to for alternator replacement is under Duratec Maintenance FAQ

Ray

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=838883&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
you see the red lead? heres your sign.

~Crystian 2000 Se sport 2001 Lightning(Sorry!your mom cant come with us)
K
klfdl Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
thanks a million. now just gotta wait for good weather during daylight hours after work.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard