Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by ZZCSVT:
Another question...

I talked to my buddy who claimed that the system does not disable PATS, it only disables it momentarily when the signal from the remote is recieved. Therefor, he claims it cannot be easily hotwired with this method.

Any idea on how valid this is?

Your buddy is correct, the bypass only activates when you remote start the vehicle and otherwise PATS is still intact. DEI makes it and it's a 555F. Your cruise control will still work, just tell the tech to bypass the clutch using the clutch switch on the clutch pedal. Very simple to do and it effects nothing, it just allows you to start the car without pushing in the clutch. He can also put a relay on it so that it only bypasses the clutch when you try to remote start the vehicle.

And NO! the bypass will not make your vehicle easy to hotwire as PATS will still be intact!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Just don't forget to leave your car on neutral.

Well snow is coming!!! Can't wait to do some snowboard...
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I've looked into this heavily. I purchased the 555f to go with my alarm. To do remote start on a manual SAFELY you need to develope a way to completely eliminate the possibility of starting the car in gear. My alarm has remote start and a turbo timer set up. The way to set this up is you bypass the clutch switch. next, have a relay that allows the remote start function to be activated when the e-brake has been applied. Then set the car to be turned off by the turbo timer. Now this part i dont exactly know if the alarm has this installed or if you have to add it on. But the concept is the car must be out of gear because you cannot get out of your car while its running and ingear(short of diving) then when the car senses all the doors have been closed it enables the remote start funtion to be active. The car then turns itself off and is now ready to be remote started. If any doors are opened the alarm disables the remote start function because the car may have been placed it gear.

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
They have alarms with this safety feature built in already. Alpine makes one and Compu-star makes one for cars with manual transmissions. The device is called a neutral saftey switch. If the car is not in neutral it won't start. It's really nothing much than a expensive merc switch that sits on the shifter.

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
That's an idea - you could always glues a mercury switch on top of the counterweghted lever on the shift tower so that the circuit is only closed when in neutral.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Good Idea Stazi!!!!

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
That's an idea - you could always glues a mercury switch on top of the counterweghted lever on the shift tower so that the circuit is only closed when in neutral.

or on a hill.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It would have to be one hell of a hill seeing the angle of motion the lever tilts, aaaaaaaaaaaaand you have to be parked side on to the hill.

Last edited by Stazi; 11/04/05 11:43 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
T'was just a little humorous ribbing.. nothing serious about my prevous statement.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Y
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Y
sorry for the hijack...but

I want a remote entry too...what should I get

95 contour gl...no alarm, non-power locks, automatic

and needs to be cheap...less than $100..anything more it becomes hard for me to justify not running outside and starting it up...I mean its only ten feet, would be nice after school to go into a nicely warmed car though...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard