Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
My Toyo Proxies FZ4 are gone. Before the snow hits I need new tires, so I ordered myself a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred's. I read lots of positive reviews on these has anyone used them on there Contour yet?

1999 Silver Frost Contour SVT 2690 of 2760 Born 08/13/1999 Sony Mobile ES CDX-C90 Deck 6 1/2 Infinity Kappa Perfect mid & tweet set, 2 12 Infinity Kappa Perfects JBL P.600.1 for Bass, P.180.2 for front stage.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Well, when one of my Pirelli 3000 went out, Discount Tire gave me a deal on one of these tires. Can't really say much about one tire, though I have had it for about 10 months, with very minimal wear. All I can say is it seems to last!

99 Black Contour SE Sport
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Not very sporty, but great hydroplane resistance.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
I've had them on my SVT since late last year or something & I love them! Car handles great w/ them, I've tossed the rear out once but that was due to gravel in a curve. They're quiet & pretty good looking, and wet traction is decent. Oh and w/ 720 treadwear rating they wont show any wear for a while, in normal driving conditions, one reason I picked them!

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I was looking at the same tire. Do they come in a low profile? A retarded question but yea. Also, I didn tsee any clear awnsers on to how they handle in the snow. COuld anyone inform me on a good low profile winter tire?

O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
I live In Alabama so I really wouldn't know about snow performance, but check out tire rack they had alot of reviews on them, And you can check all the sizes that they come in.

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Why would you need a low profile winter tire? Take the good rims off and put on the crappy ones in the winter. No one is going to be "stylin" in the winter; the car will be dirty the second it leaves the garage.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Matt R:
Why would you need a low profile winter tire? Take the good rims off and put on the crappy ones in the winter. No one is going to be "stylin" in the winter; the car will be dirty the second it leaves the garage.

plus narrow and tall tires are better in the snow anyway, ever see rally racing in the snow?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Matt R:
No one is going to be "stylin" in the winter; the car will be dirty the second it leaves the garage.

I will be, hopefully!

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Alex T.:
My Toyo Proxies FZ4 are gone. Before the snow hits I need new tires, so I ordered myself a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred's. I read lots of positive reviews on these has anyone used them on there Contour yet?

I've used somthing better for my stock E0's..Michelin Pilot Sport A/S..it came down to the good year and michelin..although the michelin was wicked pricey, it was well worth the money..they were awesome during the New England blizzards, they are amazing in the rain and in dry, they stick like pure glue, its a peeerfect all season tire IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard