Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I searched no luck...

Where is the best place to run the amp power wire through the firewall? I found a spot at the very top right at the drivers side, but I have no clue where it is coming out.... I can't see it under the dash, some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Jared

1998 Black 3L Contour SVT Sweet Home Alabama
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Maybe you could try the steering's rubber(make a hole on the side of it)

Well snow is coming!!! Can't wait to do some snowboard...
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
This has been exhausted, but here goes:

On your manual (SVT)

You'll need to use another spot besides the one that ATX owners are privy to (the empty cluth grommet)

You'll have to do the following:
Run the wire from the battery to the driver's firewall, through a rubber grommet at the extreme drivers edge of the firewall in to the area underneath the wiper cowl (plastic cover.

Remove the wipers, and the wiper cowl, then look roughly 9-12 inches towards the center of the car and there will be another rubber grommet that leads in to the upper driver's side floorboard area (just left of the brake/clutch area, and higher than visable.

works best to stick a coat hanger through from the cowl and then look in the floorboard for the "bulge" in the carpetting, and use an X-acto knife to cut an "x" at that location, then fish the wire through with said hanger.

running the wire in the steering wheels' grommet would likely lead to EXRTREME wear, as well as possible danger (get that wire rubbed through from eventually contacting the steering column and then have a short.. not S.M.R.T.)

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
awesome, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Yeah, it took me like two hours of shoving the wire through the whole in the firewall before realizing that there are two firewalls because I was too lazy to remove the windshield wipers and cowl.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
LOOK IN THE FAQ!!! photos and everything

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I did look in the FAQ, and didn't see anything about it for the SVT, plenty about bypassing the factory amp, but not about this. The pictures don't look like what Ray was talking about. Ray has taken care of the problem. thanks!

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
i get my car in a cupala days i will send pictures of how i wired it

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I drilled a hole, but then again i was running 0ga. wire

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Wulfen:
Maybe you could try the steering's rubber(make a hole on the side of it)

WOW never offer your Help again!!!!i would rather run power wire under the car and let it drag on the road before i run it there....

Who are these people?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard