Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1422114 11/03/05 09:32 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I thought tracks only required blow down tubes if you had your nitrous bottle in the drivers compartment or in a hatch style car. I thought cars with bottles in the trunk did not need the blow down tube, because if anything happened it would all stay in the trunk.

I think it depends on if the track is IHRA/NHRA certified.

Ryan Trollin!
#1422115 11/03/05 09:46 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I thought tracks only required blow down tubes if you had your nitrous bottle in the drivers compartment or in a hatch style car. I thought cars with bottles in the trunk did not need the blow down tube, because if anything happened it would all stay in the trunk.

I'm not even sure if that's the case. Terry ran his S-10 with nitrous at IRP, with his bottle directly behind his seat. Now Ryan, do you think Terry had a blowdown tube on his bottle? This is Terry we're talking about.

Then again, this was at Indy Truck Bash, so I don't know if they were doing any inspections at that time.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1422116 11/03/05 09:47 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

I'm not even sure if that's the case. Terry ran his S-10 with nitrous at IRP, with his bottle directly behind his seat. Now Ryan, do you think Terry had a blowdown tube on his bottle? This is Terry we're talking about.

Then again, this was at Indy Truck Bash, so I don't know if they were doing any inspections at that time.

Mark

Well, if they didn't inspect then there ya go. I'm 99% sure, that IHRA/NHRA tracks require a blow down tube irregardless. Obviously, that only applies if they do a true tech inspection. I know when I went to MIR last year they asked me if my truck had the juice on it, if I answered 'yes' I'm assuming they were going to ask about the blow down tube....

Ryan Trollin!
#1422117 11/03/05 10:21 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I'm 99% sure, that IHRA/NHRA tracks require a blow down tube irregardless.

Did you not read my post? Terry went to IRP(Indianapolis Raceway Park) which is OBVIOUSLY an IHRA/NHRA track. He wasn't asked about his bottle, they didn't inspect it, he just ran it. His nitrous setup was so "Terry-Rigged" as I like to call it!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1422118 11/03/05 11:39 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Did you not read my post? Terry went to IRP(Indianapolis Raceway Park) which is OBVIOUSLY an IHRA/NHRA track.
Mark

Obviously, that only applies if they do a true tech inspection.

Ryan Trollin!
#1422119 11/04/05 03:46 AM
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Plainly put, Either you can do it the right way which is usually safer and required at sanctioned race events or you can throw caution to the wind and take your life in your own hands. They make rules and regulations that are enforced to keep us from hurting ourselves from our own negligence. These rules sometimes require special items. These items are the what if parts. What if my bottle bursts it's disc, what if my car backfires and catches on fire, what if that fire engulfs my car and ignites the nitrous that is spewing out of nitrous bottle that has filled my car?? There are reasons to have these items installed. They are not just stupid or worthless parts to put on your car. Just imagine that your car might have backfired and the fire spread to the interior of your car because the nitrous was feeding the fire. If you had a blowdown tube, the fire might have taken longer to get out from under the hood and the fire men might have been able to put the fire out before it spread from under your hood. The difference is only a bit more time, but that is all it takes to make the difference. Be smart about the modifications you make. Some of the smallest ones can make more of a difference than you can imagine.

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.
#1422120 11/07/05 09:44 PM
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
this is the kit i bought Nitrous kit

i paid 345.00 shipped with 10lb bottle.

also do you let off the juice between shifts. also should i do wot switch or a push button for the juice.

and i will be getting a dyno tune on my new sct chip 1 for nitrous and 2 for n/a no juice. at this md motorsports in sharonville. should i tell him anything else to burn on the chip??

#1422121 11/07/05 09:52 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It should turn off when you get off the gas and shift - hence a window switch is a must (and I'm pretty sure it comes with one)! Powersifting with the nitrous going will destroy the clutch and tranny in no time.

I would say no to a finger-activated switch you must rely on to turn it on and off.

In reality you don't want it to hit in first gear, ESPECIALLY if you bog down. I've seen what happens when a guy mashes the zoom juice after bogging the take-off.....lets just say the intake manifold on his 5.0 went through the hood!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1422122 11/07/05 10:28 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by JustStock:
this is the kit i bought Nitrous kit

i paid 345.00 shipped with 10lb bottle.

also do you let off the juice between shifts. also should i do wot switch or a push button for the juice.

and i will be getting a dyno tune on my new sct chip 1 for nitrous and 2 for n/a no juice. at this md motorsports in sharonville. should i tell him anything else to burn on the chip??

Sounds like you should have done a lot more research before buying nitrous. If you dont know the answer to those simple questions, you have a lot to learn. I suggest you read every nitrous thread here and anywhere else you can find before you install that kit.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1422123 11/08/05 01:03 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Stazi, most kits don't come with window switches, just WOT switches. And, powershifting any FI car will hurt the tranny

Ryan Trollin!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard