SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by weasel's signature:
95 VW Getta TD

A what?

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SAV:
Originally posted by weasel's signature:
95 VW Getta TD

A what?

-SAV

getta = jetta with golf front end
jolf = golf with jetta front end

front end means headlights/grill/front fenders/hood

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

always liked the look of this with a badgeless grill and eyelids

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

ghetto = ford contour with faded chrome strips
jolf = golf with jetta front end
joke = mercury mystique

front end means headlights/grill/front fenders/hood

~Andrew

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
There I feel better now.

The best part is that I have a Getta badge on the car too! One day I was in the grocery store and they paged a VW Getta with licence plate .. to the front ( apparent dog in distress, ya somone tried to stick their hand in and almost lost it ! ) I almost pissed myself laughing when I heard that over the PA.

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I've optimized many TBs to varying degrees (mild to aggressive).
Bolts sizes incorrect? 1st I've heard of this. .

Well I guess you just learned something then Pete.

Impossible to to without halfshaft? You are wrong.

You cannot flush the screws to the plate with the full shaft. This does not accord with the instructions and does not render it â??optimizedâ?. Do a search.

Read below as akrump has stated it very well:

Originally posted by akrump47:
Wow. Some of you n00b's need to learn the "culture" around here. Kind of like when you get a new job and you have to learn the "corporate culture", how to get along with everyone. Personally, I lurked around here for awhile and just read(still do) before posting anything. Try to get a feel for CEG so you can fit in better.

I have â??lurkedâ? (and not lurked) for a long time. If my simple comments offend you (as they seem to) then you should take a look at yourself and the culture that you as a mod have a hand in developing here.

CTA, SP, BAT, MSDS, customcougars, buckshot, Stazi, Magnaflow, Steeda, and K&N. That's about most of the the manufacturers/suppliers that are listed in the Duratec Perf FAQ. You state "many of those manufactures do not support this platform anymore and the items are no longer manufactured" Really? That's news to CEG!

LOL Really? Go place an order for that Borla exhaustâ?¦ do a search.

Criticsm of Weapon R? Nothing there is heresay.
MSDS knockoffs? true
Fitment issues? yes
Lesser quality than MSDS? yes
Cheaper? Yes

Some of the more â??popularâ? vets would , AND HAVE, disagreed with you. Do a search.

But I guess instead you would prefer to publicly criticize the work put into it and rely on moderators to read every post of every thread. (This is more evidence that newbies don't read Stickies.)

Criticize? Please, re-read my posts above.

If you find my comments to be personally insulting, that's your take. I didn't call you any names, I made a suggestion that your public criticism is unnecessary when there are proper ways to make suggestions.

No you didnâ??t. You just did that in this postâ?¦

In addition very few of your points have any basis whatsoever. Your ridiculous statements of "All How-tos are wrong", "Most of the manufacturers don't support our platform"?

That is a miss-quote, I never said that. Re-read my last post! Really Pete, donâ??t be ridiculous!

A newbie has zero right to come on here and rip into longstanding CEGers and the hard work they put into the site in their spare time.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I am doing nothing of the sort! Why in hells name are you so defensive? Some of the FAQs are not fully correct and the instructions for the optimization could be improved upon. This is not news to anyone here and does not constitute â??rippingâ? into anyone.

I'm done with you and your posts that are ridiculous and hold no water.

Thats great Pete, thanks.

...dating my cousin.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
man i haven't been on here for several weeks and this is what become of it?!!!

98svt wrecked 00svt sold 05 GTO m6 my new toy
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Stazi,

If you truly feel that way there is a new Contour site for you! www.contour2.org! Go there!

<<=== (* Not at Stazi boot-licker *)

I'd rather the site be kept friendly. No posts in response to stupid Q's would be better and burn less bandwidth than flaming. I've recently noted folks simply suggesting the newbs check the FAQs. Simple, direct, to the point.

Stazi, as you've stated yourself, lots of new drivers signing up so they are obviously wrapped up in the excitement of their new car. Eyes glazed with the anticipation of immediate feedback for their first mods, they ask instead of reading. Get over it.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by slim_jimmy:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I am doing nothing of the sort! Why in hells name are you so defensive? Some of the FAQs are not fully correct and the instructions for the optimization could be improved upon. This is not news to anyone here and does not constitute â??rippingâ? into anyone.

Slim Jimbo, you need to take a chill. If you found problems with a FAQ and would like it updated simply send a PM to the responsible MOD (the appropriate MOD is listed in each group) and be done with it. Instead, you ripped into Pete, a longstanding member who has done more good than you can ever do, as seen by your negative attitued.

No need to E-Thug and be a jerk, keep it to PMs if you must be like that.

Now if you have grief with my post, send me a PM.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Slim Jimbo, you need to take a chill. If you found problems with a FAQ and would like it updated simply send a PM to the responsible MOD (the appropriate MOD is listed in each group) and be done with it. Instead, you ripped into Pete, a longstanding member who has done more good than you can ever do, as seen by your negative attitued.

No need to E-Thug and be a jerk, keep it to PMs if you must be like that.

Now if you have grief with my post, send me a PM.

Instead of calling me out on the thread, why didin't you send me a PM?

You don't call a guy out in public and then say "send me a PM". LOL. That is not the correct protocol.

YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL OUT.

Go back and re-read my posts. The only "ripping" that has occured has been from your direction.

I am truly amazed that you guys can post a thread telling newbies to $%$^ off etc., etc. "do a search newbie", "read more newbie" "your comments are weak newbie" etc etc. etc. and then say I rippied into someone when I rightly pointed out that: "NEWBIES WILL ASK SO CALLED DUMB QUESTIOS PARTLY BECAUSE SOME OF THE FAQs, AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE CONFUSING AND OR NOT FULLY CORRECT."

Is that so hard to stomach?

How many times have I given props to the makers of the FAQs and instructions in my posts above. I'll do it again: the vets and mods here have done a fantastic job!

But do NOT stereotype all newbies (and I say this again, just because someone has a low post count does NOT mean they are a newbie). Do NOT automatically think that a questions about a mod or product requires a "SEARCH A#%hole" response.

That is what I am saying. I tried to say it nicely in my first post, then I was attacked as is typical on this board.

There was a thread a few down from this one where a "newbie" was attacked on his introductory post because he spelt some words wrong. This sort of attitude, that is also examplified on this thread, is not cool.

I am a MOD at two other non-related forums. I do not act like that there, and I do not attack and stereotype neophytes. I set an example and listen because often these people bring a fresh presepctive to the board. Sometimes they know more than I do.

Please settle down and take my posts how they are intended. I do not, will not and have not attcked ANYONE unless they have first atcked me or make ridiculous overgeneralized and insulting comments to others.

...dating my cousin.
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard