Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Mark, you're not supposed to mention his bad grammar, because now he's going to pout and leave the forum for 7 minutes.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Sorry Dave. Bad grammar from people over the age of 14 kills me. But don't get me wrong, I'll still poke fun at the younger crowd too.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Davo:
Mark, you're not supposed to mention his bad grammar, because now he's going to pout and leave the forum for 7 minutes.

LMAO

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

... point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

An example

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1082786&Forum=perf&Words=tb&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=1082781&Search=true#Post1082786

The above has been mentioned many times.

Yes, and a simple search will bring it up.

Sorry, but I see absoutely nothing wrong with the FAQ that exists. Your method is different and some things done are optional (and I don't agree with what you did). The existing one is a basic FAQ/How-to and people are free to deviate from it.

Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
How about this... how outdated is this FAQ?
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=722314&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Originally posted by Ray:
I'm sorry, but how is the Duratec Performance FAQ "outdated"??

It lists reputable parts vendors, debunks common myths, and gives links to ways of purchasing, modifying, and installing performance oriented modifications. If you mean, simply, that it hasn't been "edited" in xx days, then perhaps that is because this car is 10 YEARS old.. what new stuff do you expect there to be?

That's it? Nothing else to back your claim that all FAQs/How-tos are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong"? Weak, very weak. For all our sakes, my suggestion: less posting, more reading.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by image4you2see:
No i feel people that are enthusiasts want to help other's with like interest not make them feel stupid so they cowar away!

Everyone look's at different thing's in different way's! I'm sure there are thing's that you have done or even do that are stupid. Just out of respect people don't point them out to be rude.

I know i have made dumb car choses in other people's eye's. People like different thing's, does that make them lower than you? Nope and i feel it is wrong to belittle someone for what they like.

As for going to another forum, i don't go to forum's to hang out and flex my I-net toughness. I go to a forum to learn and ask those dumb question's to get the right answer's! A wise man once told me WAYYYY before I-NET car forum's, (you want to go fast ask those who are already doing it).

I'm a noob myself and sorry to impose on your forum. Those are just my beleif's. Although i am not a youngster by no means and do have alot of info in my head from experiance.

I was just flustered about my intro topic and seen this topic so i figured i would add my two cent's. To bad it isn't worth anything!

Grow a pair, for cripes sake.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Yes, and a simple search will bring it up.

Sorry, but I see absoutely nothing wrong with the FAQ that exists. Your method is different and some things done are optional (and I don't agree with what you did). The existing one is a basic FAQ/How-to and people are free to deviate from it.

So a "simple search" is an excuse to have less than ideal instructions?

The bolt sizes are incorrect, and there is no reference to half-shafting the TB shaft (without which the mod would be impossible.) Trust me, the instructions could be improved upon... and to the guy who said "do something about it" well give me mod access and I WILL!

Why do you "not agree with what I did"?

I did what the posts from a "simple search" suggested I do... or perhaps I should have ASKED A QUESTION about the mod then got told do a "simple search" as the information has already been discussed... Perhaps you can see how the conundrum that so-called "newbies" less articulate than I may face.

I'm sorry, but how is the Duratec Performance FAQ "outdated"??

Well for starters many of those manufactures do not support this platform anymore and the items are no longer manufactured. Furthermore other non-listed products are also available.

The quality issues with Weapon-R have been remedied to a degree and criticism of their product probably doesn't belong on the FAQ to begin with.

Thus the FAQ is outdated, how can you argue with that? However, again I applaud those who have contributed to it.

That's it? Nothing else to back your claim that all FAQs/How-tos are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong"? Weak, very weak. For all our sakes, my suggestion: less posting, more reading.

To clear up the misunderstanding I said in my original post: â??Having taken a recent look at SOME of the FAQs and mod instructionsâ?¦â? Not "ALL".

So Pete, after all this you tell ME to do more reading? â??Search Newbie Search!!!â? Is that what you are saying? If so I guess I have made my point?

BTW please refrain from personally insulting me.

...dating my cousin.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Wow. Some of you n00b's need to learn the "culture" around here. Kind of like when you get a new job and you have to learn the "corporate culture", how to get along with everyone. Personally, I lurked around here for awhile and just read(still do) before posting anything. Try to get a feel for CEG so you can fit in better.

Oh, and trying to call out Stazi on tech questions or whining about his attitude, aint gonna work. Stazi knows 10x more about these cars than you n00bs know about grammar and spelling.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I've optimized many TBs to varying degrees (mild to aggressive).
Bolts sizes incorrect? 1st I've heard of this.
Impossible to to without halfshaft? You are wrong.
Do something about it? Read below.

Read below as akrump has stated it very well:

Originally posted by akrump47:
Wow. Some of you n00b's need to learn the "culture" around here. Kind of like when you get a new job and you have to learn the "corporate culture", how to get along with everyone. Personally, I lurked around here for awhile and just read(still do) before posting anything. Try to get a feel for CEG so you can fit in better.

CTA, SP, BAT, MSDS, customcougars, buckshot, Stazi, Magnaflow, Steeda, and K&N. That's about most of the the manufacturers/suppliers that are listed in the Duratec Perf FAQ. You state "many of those manufactures do not support this platform anymore and the items are no longer manufactured" Really? That's news to CEG!

Criticsm of Weapon R? Nothing there is heresay.
MSDS knockoffs? true
Fitment issues? yes
Lesser quality than MSDS? yes
Cheaper? yes

For suggestions, use:
this
this
this
this
That's why they are there. But I guess instead you would prefer to publicly criticize the work put into it and rely on moderators to read every post of every thread. (This is more evidence that newbies don't read Stickies.)

If you find my comments to be personally insulting, that's your take. I didn't call you any names, I made a suggestion that your public criticism is unnecessary when there are proper ways to make suggestions. In addition very few of your points have any basis whatsoever. Your ridiculous statements of "All How-tos are wrong", "Most of the manufacturers don't support our platform"? Give me a break. My suggestion to you to spend less time psoting and more time reading is a compeltely valid one. A newbie has zero right to come on here and rip into longstanding CEGers and the hard work they put into the site in their spare time.

I'm done with you and your posts that are ridiculous and hold no water.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I think its funny how these new registered users comment about our site. Seriously, the only ones who complain are the new people and they just joined. I can understand if they have been here for like 1 or more. But a 2 month activity on ceg mean nothing at all. Time is only judgment of how much u put into something. I read more than i post, so i think noobs should try doing that more and more.

No one can argue starting a new job that they don't need time to learn all the skills in 2,6 or 9 months. There is way too much info here.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Although harsh at times, I do agree with you Stazi. You even tore me a new one at one point. I think that there should be some kind of "101" forum. That would be the place for newbs to ask the potentially dumb questions. Then, whoever wants to muster up the time to answer said question can do so, without being a dick. Don't feel like being nice today ? Then don't go to that forum and help. Simple enough. Second, expand the search capabilites to be able to search all forums. Those two things alone will help with wasting bandwidth.

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard