Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

... point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

An example

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1082786&Forum=perf&Words=tb&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=1082781&Search=true#Post1082786

The above has been mentioned many times.

How about this... how outdated is this FAQ?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=722314&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Don't get me wrong, these are great resources... however, I don not think I am off base in suggesting that a novice reader may have many "stupid" questions about these...

If you have an issue with one of the FAQs then help update it. Instead of standing around complaining about them. Just my .02...

Ryan Trollin!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I'm sorry, but how is the Duratec Performance FAQ "outdated"??

It lists reputable parts vendors, debunks common myths, and gives links to ways of purchasing, modifying, and installing performance oriented modifications. If you mean, simply, that it hasn't been "edited" in xx days, then perhaps that is because this car is 10 YEARS old.. what new stuff do you expect there to be?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Bailey:
THis was actually the first forum that i ever joined so i had no idea about the "etiquette posting", i did know about the search or FAQS... So i'm pretty sure that some of the noobs here are in the same boat that i was back then.

SInce i can't edit no more, this is what i wanted to say:

THis was actually the first forum that i ever joined so i had no idea about the "POSTING ETIQUETTE",and i DIDN'T know about the search or FAQS... So i'm pretty sure that some of the noobs here are in the same boat that i was back then.

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
You guys are a RIOT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh BTW, I look at it as separating of the weak from the strong. I mean look at Rawburt..he used to be flammed and made fun of all the time. Now look at...ok ok so bad example

Now, being serious. I lurked on CEG for a LONG time b4 ever posting. The last like 4k posts are from the last 6 months.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by image4you2see:
Buying Hector's old car was a bad thing?

If you like slow, not at all. Hell, even I beat him at the drag strip. I hope you have more luck with it than he did.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by hetfield:
Buying Hector's old car was a bad thing?

If you like slow, not at all. Hell, even I beat him at the drag strip. I hope you have more luck with it than he did.

Didn't buy it for 1/4 mile speed! Bought it for handling with a little pep! I have been looking at transmission build up's!

My new contour has a big brother though if your willing to try it out some day?

Just playing!

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Image4metopooponââ??¢:
I mean look at Rawburt..he used to be flammed and made fun of all the time. Now look at...ok ok so bad example

Whats that supposed to mean

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'm the complaint dept.

You got an issue, take it up with me and stop your pansy-ass whining about FAQ's and How-To's and FAQ's that you most probably haven't even USED!
Some FAQ's may be a little vague at times, but come on.... what do you want....a Clifford the Dog cartoon with pictures of his big red paw pointing out everything for you, while Barney is jumping around in the background singing "I love you newbie"?

PLEASE STFU and read a bit before you start jumping to conclusion and clutching a straws trying to justify your mechanical ineptitude!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
kill's........ help's....... some thing's......... feel's......... bring's

Apostrophe: Punctuation symbol(') - the punctuation mark (�) used to show where letters are omitted from a word, to mark the possessive, and sometimes to form the plural of numbers, letters, and symbols.

Sorry, just thought I'd lighten up the situation

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard