Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
True group buy's are very hard to have! They were hard when i used to work at a store, i could only imagine how hard they are when dealing with people around the world.

With the constant telling people not to make stupid choses. That is something i would be left in the dark about on here being new. When it get's to that point with someone i guess it is time to be a little bit more direct with them. That doesn't mean being rude though.

Maybe give warnings or banning them if they don't get the hint?

I tell you what my head was spinning with all the searches i did on here thru this week. Granted i have question's that may be considered dumb but i chose to ask those question's in private to someone that comes off as a person that is willing to help me.

To bad you can't teach other's that i guess.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I have to agree with stazi. I know I was stupid as all hell when I started posting questions. The best thing would be make new members read and take a short quiz on how to use the search function. Alot of the first time posters I believe have no freakin clue how to use it (sad I know). I know when I first tried I didn't realize for a while that the date function was always set to 1 week. lol

But for stazi main point there have been ALOT of retarded I want to do this crappy turd mod and How-to-plug-neons-into my-ass-so-it-blinks as I drive around blowing my freakin stock speakers out. IT IS EMBRASSING to know that people driving cars like ours and acting like total stupid [censored].

The mods could always have to screen the first couple of posts for new members. If they read them before newbies put out stupid ideas, the mod could just reject that post and send them a nice little PM to correct their malfunction. If someone doesn't want to wait for the mod to check their post, he or she is probably to freakin moronic to want a real response in the first place.

That's my 2 cents.

Oh and that fake BOV was really a big freakin joke. I just don't understand people. I know I did some almost rice type stuff to my car, but I made it quality. Example: I have blue interior lights mounted way the hell up under the dash. No exposed bulbs, nice clean switch you don't really notice. And its usefull because I actually use them to see when I try to get stuff I leave sitting in my cupholders. You only knock a bottle of MD out of the cupholder and under your feet once til you realize how useful those lights are. I really wish we'd see more people want to do functional mods then crap like that BOV.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Sometimes it's just best to ignore the idiots, no matter how much they whine and complain that no one is helping them. Hit the back button and move on to threads that deserve your expertise.
I think a lot of members on this site have a hard time just hitting the back button...

The jagoff reflex isn't necessary, despite how hard it is to keep yourself from going totally house on a lazy moron poster.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Sometimes it's just best to ignore the idiots, no matter how much they whine and complain that no one is helping them. Hit the back button and move on to threads that deserve your expertise.
I think a lot of members on this site have a hard time just hitting the back button...

The jagoff reflex isn't necessary, despite how hard it is to keep yourself from going totally house on a lazy moron poster.

But I can only restrain myself so much. You know me - I'm silly like that!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi:
I suggest you go visit streetkiaz.com

Hey! I used to resemble that!

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
OMFG MY DAD BY ME A CANTOOR AUTO 4 CYL REEL FST GOT A BIG WING AN SLAMEDD IT I RACD A BUGTATI VYRON AN WUN OMFG LOLERS

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:
OMFG MY DAD BY ME A COUNTOUR AUTO V4 REEL FST GOT A BIG WING N SLAMD IT I RACD A BUGTATI VYRON AN WUN OMFG LOLERS

fixed .. subtly ..

I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
I don't get it?

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

... point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

An example

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1082786&Forum=perf&Words=tb&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=1082781&Search=true#Post1082786

The above has been mentioned many times.

How about this... how outdated is this FAQ?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=722314&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Don't get me wrong, these are great resources... however, I don not think I am off base in suggesting that a novice reader may have many "stupid" questions about these...

...dating my cousin.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
THis was actually the first forum that i ever joined so i had no idea about the "etiquette posting", i did know about the search or FAQS... So i'm pretty sure that some of the noobs here are in the same boat that i was back then.

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard