Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
If I am unsure if someone said something sarcastically or not, I go through and read some of there other posts so I can get a feel for their tone. Its alot easier than getting all bent out of shape about it and then looking like an idiot because everyone else picked up on the sarcasm and you didn't.

I concur.
Either way, some of these newbs are just ridiculous... sarcasm or not.

Originally posted by SAV:
Example of hilarity:
Originally posted by RawBurt:

blah de blah blah woOt.

You've once again made my day.

-SAV

What in the... ?

Last edited by RawBurt; 10/25/05 03:19 PM.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SAV:

Example of hilarity:
Originally posted by RawBurt:

blah de blah blah woOt.

-SAV

^^^ That just made my day, lmao!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are
(a) either really confusing
(b) inadequate or
(c) just plain wrong.

Please provide examples.

Maybe you are referring to:
Duratec Maintenance?
Knauberizing?
98+ clear corners?
Hazy headlights?

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

Your alternatives are:
a) disregard the How-tos/FAQs and buy a Chilton's or Haynes manual and/or figure out how to do it yourself
b) use the "______________ Suggestion Box" and make suggestions for improvements
c) PM the moderator of the forum with improvements to the existing FAQ(s)

You obviously missed the point of this thread - it's not criticizing the new CEGers who take the proper approach that are being criticized. It's the ones who are asking "Where can I buy an SVT body kit?" and "What cat-back exhausts are available?". They don't read the sticky that says "***Read me first before posting***" and post Frequently Asked Questions in the wrong forums. There has been a mjor influx of these types of CEGers and those are the ones the discussion is about.

I do agree with some of your points, but point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
I by and large agree with Stazi, but before yaâ??ll jump on the band wagon, maybe think about these few points:

(1) Just because someone has single digit post numbers does NOT always mean that they are â??newbiesâ? to the car platform, modifying vehicles in general or internet forumsâ?¦ in fact, the guys behind some guys â??alter egosâ? may not even be new to the forumâ?¦

(2) The search nazi thing is contagious. I donâ??t know how many posts Iâ??ve seen where someone asks a question and gets a serious, if not helpful, try â??searching for [blank]â? response from a vet who may be genuinely interested in helping him, only to have the mob slam him again with a dozen â??ya search [censored]â? type replies. Why not leave it alone if you have nothing productive to add?

(3) Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are (a) either really confusing (b) inadequate or (c) just plain wrong. It may seem clear to some who have done it before, or who remembers a post talking about it from 1999, but guess whatâ?¦ it isnâ??t to most guys. Sure it would be ideal if a newbie would say â??hi guys, I read [blank] and searched [blank] and have a specific question about [blank]â? but that isnâ??t how it always happen even though they may have read and searched. They are the â??newbiesâ? you are the â??vetsâ? maybe you should be the â??bigger personâ? and give them the benefit of the doubt.

(4) â?¦ plus some guys arenâ??t always serious and enjoy #$%ing with you high strung prima donnas

I think you're missing the point.

I don't think there is necessarily such a thing as a stupid question, but there are definitely some really crappy and selfish attitudes that deserve to get shat upon.

Consider these possible "newb" posts and tell me which one you'd poop on:

1. "Hey guys, I'm trying to optimize my throttle body. I checked the How-to, but I'm confused about step 5, and the picture is blurry."

2. "Hey guys, I don't feel like searching because I have a life. Somebody want to step me through this throttle body optimization?"

3. "Hey guys, what is an "optimized TB," and where do I get one?"

4. "I've heard about optimized throttle bodies. I tried searching Duratec Maintenance but I couldn't find anything. Any ideas on where to find the info?"

To me, 1 and 4 are fine. 3 deserves some gentle steering to the search function, the How To, and a quick definition of what "TB" stands for. Number 2 deserves to be pooped on and left by the side of the road.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i give this post a huge "who gives a crap!"

Stazi it does get dumb but stupid ppl are one thing in life you got to get used to. Who am i kidding, kill the noobies!!!!!!

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
To be honest nothing kill's a forum more than someone replying with a belittling comment!

People are HUMAN and do make MISTAKES! Pointing it out on a forum help's in no way possible.

I also feel if noobies don't come around our little hobby is dieng then. There is TONS of info on this site and i will say i have been reading here for over a week before i posted and something's are VERY confusing to a new Contour owner. Myself included.

Admitting laziness is retarded yes.... I do feel people should search as well.

My intro post praising this site and the person i bought my car from got ruined by a pointless person that feel's he is "BABY JESUS" and my post made him cry because of mispelling and grammar.

To me people that make replies like that are worse to a forum than a person that ask a old or stupid question! A brought up old question atleast bring's a topic back up that might have new renditions from a few years of modding and changing.

There is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people!

S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by image4you2see:
There is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people!

WTF is this then?:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=1082558&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
LMFAO..ok stazi now i side with you

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
To be honest nothing kill's a forum more than someone replying with a belittling comment!

Why would anyone take all the fun away?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by todras:

Why would anyone take all the fun away?

If causing I-Net drama is fun to you that's cool i guess. I don't see the fun in it but that's me. I would rather use a forum to learn and meet people with like interest.

STAZI i understand but we have all been young, hell the stuff i have done back in the day cracks me up when i think of it.

Making someone feel stupid for their thought's doesn't educate them though. Someone makes a topic like that simply say spend your money more wisely.

I guess i'm a little more forgiving. Working in a speed/stereo store in the past i had to listen to all kind's of crazy stuff. I learned if you tell them the truth and point them in the right direction these kid's that want to waste money on stupid stuff then turn around and buy cool stuff and build sweet car's!

Maybe i am just wrong in thinking this was a Contour site?

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard