Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I agree...some people are lazy and ask a lot of stupid questions, but we were all newbies once and not everyone have mechanical engineering degrees or our experience with cars. And as you and I know, there are some who need all the help they can get with these cars. There are some very helpful people on this site, and a few, who should be on the behavior modification drugs, who will jump down your throat before they've read your post properly.

Personally the dump questions never bothered me, if the question was so stupid, one can decide to take the time to type out an intelligent or purely sarchastic answer.One interesting thing I noticed...there never seems to be a stupid question posed by a female member, most likely because some of you are hoping she resembles the girl in the short skirt and pigtails on the cover of import car magazine you were just pulling your goalie to. Note to newbies, pose as a chick, and you'll have 20 answers before you know it.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
Originally posted by Rara:
Trust me, I've been fighting to hold back from implementing a corner-carver.com type policy. The problem is, I'd have to ban the vast majority of the board. Even a good number of the regulars.

i 100% support a corner carver method.

~Andrew

yes!!!

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RawBurt:
There has been an out burst of ridiculous newbie questions, for example:

Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Hey, Raw-Bert, I see you have a "Vinyl" on yer car, how many horse power does that add?

I know I know we are all newbs at one point, but c'mon!!!!!!

Ya, that was a serious question Rob

...dating my cousin.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
There has been an out burst of ridiculous newbie questions, for example:

Hey, Raw-Bert, I see you have a "Vinyl" on yer car, how many horse power does that add?

I know I know we are all newbs at one point, but c'mon!!!!!!

Ya, that was a serious question Rob

And I would know this how?

slim_jimmy
New CEG'er
Reged: 10/18/05
Loc: Lower Arkansas

S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
What does his reg date have to do with your inability to sense sarcasm?

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
common sense

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SAV:

-SAV

Originally posted by SVTatGT:
common sense

How about the other handfull of newbs with similar reg dates and completely ridiculous posts?

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I by and large agree with Stazi, but before yaâ??ll jump on the band wagon, maybe think about these few points:

(1) Just because someone has single digit post numbers does NOT always mean that they are â??newbiesâ? to the car platform, modifying vehicles in general or internet forumsâ?¦ in fact, the guys behind some guys â??alter egosâ? may not even be new to the forumâ?¦

(2) The search nazi thing is contagious. I donâ??t know how many posts Iâ??ve seen where someone asks a question and gets a serious, if not helpful, try â??searching for [blank]â? response from a vet who may be genuinely interested in helping him, only to have the mob slam him again with a dozen â??ya search [censored]â? type replies. Why not leave it alone if you have nothing productive to add?

(3) Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are (a) either really confusing (b) inadequate or (c) just plain wrong. It may seem clear to some who have done it before, or who remembers a post talking about it from 1999, but guess whatâ?¦ it isnâ??t to most guys. Sure it would be ideal if a newbie would say â??hi guys, I read [blank] and searched [blank] and have a specific question about [blank]â? but that isnâ??t how it always happen even though they may have read and searched. They are the â??newbiesâ? you are the â??vetsâ? maybe you should be the â??bigger personâ? and give them the benefit of the doubt.

(4) â?¦ plus some guys arenâ??t always serious and enjoy #$%ing with you high strung prima donnas

...dating my cousin.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SAV:

-SAV

common sense

How about the other handfull of newbs with similar reg dates and completely ridiculous posts?

If I am unsure if someone said something sarcastically or not, I go through and read some of there other posts so I can get a feel for their tone. Its alot easier than getting all bent out of shape about it and then looking like an idiot because everyone else picked up on the sarcasm and you didn't.

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Example of common sense (the only other SE'er that seems to grasp this concept):

If I am unsure if someone said something sarcastically or not, I go through and read some of there other posts so I can get a feel for their tone. Its alot easier than getting all bent out of shape about it and then looking like an idiot because everyone else picked up on the sarcasm and you didn't.

Example of hilarity:

blah de blah blah woOt.

You've once again made my day.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard