Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Maybe we need an additional forum or two or three.

"Idiotic Ricer Mods"

"I don't want to search, but will you help me anyway"

"Newby Bash"

The moderators can move the post right over when they find a post or thread that fits.

In defense of those that can't seem to find help with a search, our search engine does sometimes seem to be a bit hard to use. I have not been able to find things on a search until I went back and reviewed earlier posts. This is not a complaint, but just a statement of fact. Overall this is an excellent community and I'm greatful for those that make it possible.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I'm offended!

99 Contour LX MTX, Cone Air Filter, Custom Grille 95 Neon ATX Intake, Ractive Muffler, Green Painted valve cover, fuel rail, and intake, b/w painted interior, white exterior trim, shaded tail lights
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by getsum111:
Speaking as a relative noob, some of us do search. I did my whole strut/spring replacement w/o any posting or stupid questions.
Scott

Well said Stazi!

Right on Scott(getsum111)!

If these newbs would do a simple search they would see that everything they need to know has already been posted. I've done many things to my ride without a single post, thanks to the how-to's and other info that is posted here.

There is nothing wrong with doing a search, not understanding something and THEN posting a question. If you don't understand something ASK, but search first.

I think just about everyone here will help a newb if they say they searched before posting.

The moral of the story...search first, ask questions later.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Big Jim:

"Idiotic Ricer Mods"

"Newby Bash"

The moderators can move the post right over when they find a post or thread that fits.

In defense of those that can't seem to find help with a search, our search engine does sometimes seem to be a bit hard to use. I have not been able to find things on a search until I went back and reviewed earlier posts. This is not a complaint, but just a statement of fact. Overall this is an excellent community and I'm greatful for those that make it possible.

This is true...terminology and the way that the search function returns results can make finding some info a little tricky. This isn't to excuse the lazy, but I'm a longtime poster and I still can have trouble finding the info I need.

But I *love* the idea of an "Don't Wanna Search" forum that mods can kick threads to.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

"Idiotic Ricer Mods"

"Newby Bash"

This is true...terminology and the way that the search function returns results can make finding some info a little tricky. This isn't to excuse the lazy, but I'm a longtime poster and I still can have trouble finding the info I need.

But I *love* the idea of an "Don't Wanna Search" forum that mods can kick threads to.

i posted in dont wanna search but nobudy responded so im postin heari nsted sup witta tornado is it good or not help me outhere i need th info soon cuz thers one on sale if its real deal i need to grab it b4 its gone hooka brother up yo

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
RogerB - you captured the stereotypical stupidity right there, perfectly!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I can understand some newbish type question when it comes to technical things.

This thread took the cake though.

Ryan Trollin!
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
lmao

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
There has been an out burst of ridiculous newbie questions, for example:

Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Hey, Raw-Bert, I see you have a "Vinyl" on yer car, how many horse power does that add?

I know I know we are all newbs at one point, but c'mon!!!!!!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
..In defense of those that can't seem to find help with a search, our search engine does sometimes seem to be a bit hard to use. I have not been able to find things on a search until I went back and reviewed earlier posts. ..

I agree. If someone posted, "I searched but can't seem to find..", I think more CEGers would step in with assistance. As for the "ricer mod" questions......

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard