Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
C
Con-Man Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Okay I wanted to update/reveiw the information but bottom line this Pre 98 splitter will also work for Post 98 SE models

Pre 98 owners I contacted Albert Mirko and ask if he would consider making a front splitter for Pre 98 contour. He say he has thought about it but we need at least 30 people before he would consider making this happen. The price would be $200-$250 range with a $70.00 shipping fee. I am waiting for and answer from Mirko for a price with shipping included. I will update as soon as I receive the price. If anyone is interested please post.

Mirko Racing has replied back. Heres a copy of the email I got:
Yes, send them to the site to see the SVT splitter, it should be similar. We can't go down on the price, we have to make a mold from scratch for this project and the boxes we ship the splitters in cost $17 each, the shipping runs about $57 to continental USA...

We haven't made any other body mods for SVT but may consider it if you can get orders for that too. So if we get orders for the splitters, ask them if they'd be interested in sideskirts and rear too...we'll decide from there...

thanks, albert mirko
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1396/mirko28ec.jpg picture of the splitter
http://www.mirkoracing.com/ splitter can also be seen on the website

Pre 98 people it is time to step up we're always asking is anything going to be made for us. Well here it is our time. If we can get this off the ground he will consider making side skirts and rears. We can make history. I still have a few emails that Mr.Mirko has not answered. I will update as soon as I receive more info. Remember we need 30 people that want the splitter and please put if your interested in side skirts and rear. I will be the first to step up.

Hello To all my Contour family. As you can see I can't let this splitter go. I contacted Mr. Mirko and I asked him was it possible for this splitter to work for post 98. He said YES it will work for the SE model as well. So maybe we can get this off the ground after all. I will ask this it has been a few people that have asked me some tough question. Question that I can not answer about the splitter. If you look back into the GB you will see Mr. Mirko states it will look very similar too the SVT splitter. I would ask any question about the splitter please email Mr. Mirko @ mirkocar@garlic.com Now Post 98 we need your help. Come On lets make this happen.

Thank You
Con-man

Current list of who's in
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
3. Supertouringmike(2 splitters)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)

2006 Mustang GT 2004 Mustang GT (Gone) 2004 Yamaha FZ1 1995 Contour GL 1982 Cutlass 2 door
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
im up for side skirts.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Con Man

How much actual $ does he want to make this happen? $5000....

He said previously he could make carbonfiber splitters as well, is that offer still good and if so how much.

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I hate to be pessimistic,but I still don't think we're gonna get 30 people,and if we do,it'll take a long time. However,it's a relatively cheap mod,and it means not having to buy an expensive bodykit,installing the kit and painting the whole kit,which is more of a PITA than installing a splitter.

Personally,I love the idea of a non-SVT splitter,because other than some really gaudy looking aftermarket bodykits,there isn't really anything we can do to make our cars look more aggressive while still keeping the original body style. I think the splitter will add just that extra hint of aggrsssiveness while still keeping the car stock looking,which is the point with my exterior mods. Modify it,but make it look like it came like that stock,not "look a contour with a kit!" but rather "there's something different about that Contour...it's not an SVT...and it's...not stock looking...wtf!?" lol

Anyways,even if we can't get this thing off the ground with 30 people,if we have a little less,right now I am willing to pay a bit more of a premium,up to $500 to get it going. I think it's a worthwhile mod for both us pre and post98 guys,so hopefully a bunch of us will go for it.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
C
Con-Man Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
supertouringmike,
The price would be $200-$250 range with a $70.00 shipping. Mr. Mirko can't pin point a price right now it all depends on how many people we get.

2006 Mustang GT 2004 Mustang GT (Gone) 2004 Yamaha FZ1 1995 Contour GL 1982 Cutlass 2 door
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I was thinking(INSANELY ) of fronting for the whole GB caus' I am so desparate to have a good splitter on my 96GL.????????? That is why I asked about the Total $$ needed, you know for all 30!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend in the boat building business, maybe I'll end up having my own made! (Maybe Carbonfiber!)

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
I was thinking(INSANELY ) of fronting for the whole GB caus' I am so desparate to have a good splitter on my 96GL.????????? That is why I asked about the Total $$ needed, you know for all 30!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend in the boat building business, maybe I'll end up having my own made! (Maybe Carbonfiber!)

shut up and drive your porsche!

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I'd be in for a splitter and depending on how much cash i have, maybe skirts and a rear too. All depends on timeframes. If this doesn't get off the ground before the beginning of next spring, then i won't be in.

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Goonz SVT

I hardly drive the 996,trying to make it last till it's paid for(4/09). Only put 4500 mi since i got it 4/04!

And BTW "don't be Hatin'" and we're trying to get us some pre-98 splitters here, Right....................

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i need to checkout how much molding my SVT to my Pre-98 is gonna be, if it costs to much ill be in for this. Sounds like a badass mod.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard