Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MR SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We all know the car only came in 4 colors and this kinda disapointed me. My car will be going in to be repainted now for the second time. The first time it was painted a silver with blue pearl . I would've posted pics if I liked the results , but I didnt. Now it is up to me to decide on the color. I want your opinions on what colors would be cool. Also any artistic photoshop assistance would be more than greatly appreciated. I was thinking along the lines of a Graphite color like on the Lexus IS 300 , but then again it was just another one of those colors that had caught my eye.

Please be honest and creative, I spend all my money on this car , which I cant really afford but I do it any way for the love of the car!!!!!

Thanx for your time and thoughts! :p

2000 Contour SVT
#1000 0f 2150
Built on 12-17-99, In Kansas City
Custom Painted, "LOOK DEEP THE DIFFERENCE IS WITHIN" -Custom dual pod- indiglo gauges- no res.-KKM intake- Bad A!! NEW Alpine Head Unit-tinted windows- rain visors-the good stuff still to come- !!!!
J
J
Graphite Gray Pearl is what it's called. I saw an IS300 yesterday that was that color and really liked it a lot! It would look awesome on an SVT Tour, IMHO! smile
I thought it would be darker than it really was. The sun was shining and at different angles the color would shift from a dark graphite to a lighter graphite. After seeing it in person, the IS300 will be my next car! laugh

James
jpett@flash.net

StolonTour97
Riding on 17" ADR Trauma's wrapped in Falken ZE512 215/40/ZR17
T
T
I like david z's Ford Racing blue color myself. Get some sort of pearl coating over it, like a purple or something, and you're set!

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by MR SVT:
We all know the car only came in 4 colors and this kinda disapointed me. My car will be going in to be repainted now for the second time. The first time it was painted a silver with blue pearl . I would've posted pics if I liked the results , but I didnt. Now it is up to me to decide on the color. I want your opinions on what colors would be cool. Also any artistic photoshop assistance would be more than greatly appreciated. I was thinking along the lines of a Graphite color like on the Lexus IS 300 , but then again it was just another one of those colors that had caught my eye.

Please be honest and creative, I spend all my money on this car , which I cant really afford but I do it any way for the love of the car!!!!!

Thanx for your time and thoughts! :p

wow, someone in the exact situation as myself. being that it seems 90% of all black SVTs seem concentrated in the Detroit area, I had to go with custom paint. Too bad the guy who painted it messed me up. Now my SVT just went to a custom shop on Friday for a whole new paintjob. I chose PPG Sunburnt Orange and I've already seen it on another car so I know it will come out tight.

I tell you, it was a hard decision on what color to choose. I thought about the metallic color you mentioned as it does look great on the IS300 and Mustang GT. I almost chose Polo Green which can also be seen on the IS300 which looks really good in my opinion. I also gave serious consideration to the Color Shift Paints but I didn't really love any of the colors I saw. So sunburnt orange is what it is and I look forward to getting it back later next month.

But I think the graphite color on an SVT with gunmetal colored rims would be really sharp.

T
T
here's the mix n match over the 3 year production run... yep only 4 colors, SilverFrost, Toreador Red, Tropic Green, and Gloss Black

Todd Christ SVT Contour Registry
MODS: KKM Intake, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, Bullit Fuel Door, Edelbrock RPM Resonator
'98 E0 SVT Contour #1037 of 6535
E
E
Dude you need to buy some BASF Extreme paint from me. I have sole a few gallond already. And im also spraying mu Tour with it. Then you wont have to make your mind up on a color because it will be 7 diffrent colors. laugh

98 LX,
Eibach`s ....
ICWrims / Potenza`s....
Svt kit w /duals...
BASF Extreme Ocean paint( complete color change)....
Bullit gas door....
Fuba DSM rear mount roof antenna....
Pre 98 trunk....
Blacked out headlamps, W/ Eyebrows....
A6 Side markers....
Shaved antenna and deck lid lock...
4 wheel disc brake conversion....
Magnaflow resinator....
SVT gauge cluster....(Yes the SVT gauge has a O/D light)....
Complete mesh grill treatment, Not gutter guard....
Titinaum window tint....
Burgman custom Power window & lock conversion....
More to come as soon as i complete this one.

Yeah its a LX but it has a 2.5 and it looks better then your ricer smile
P
P
If the car's gonna be modded out I'm partial to bland colors that don't seem to "belong" on hot cars. Champagne, Sand, Taupe, Gold, etc... Those get mad respect from me, they also keep the men in blue at bay when you drive a lil too fast.

If I got a repaint, mine would be the dullest you could ever find. Some shade of gold / beige with NO metallic whatsoever.

H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Silversvt:
If the car's gonna be modded out I'm partial to bland colors that don't seem to "belong" on hot cars. Champagne, Sand, Taupe, Gold, etc... Those get mad respect from me, they also keep the men in blue at bay when you drive a lil too fast.

If I got a repaint, mine would be the dullest you could ever find. Some shade of gold / beige with NO metallic whatsoever.

while I agree that class is a must, the colors you mention are just too typical and boring for my taste. i'd rather not have something that your every day Taurus or Camry has. thats just me though, there's something to be said for the car that's a "sleeper" so to speak.

P
P
To me boring is good. The more the better. But I would offset it with 18's, a crazy drop, the body kit and splitter, etc...

I would opt for the BASF extreme paint myself,nothing like having a bunch of different colours everytime you look at the car!!

96 SE V-6 MTX
SVT E1 rims,205/55/16 Comp TA VR 4's,custom exhaust,KKM filter,bullit fuel door
painted calipers,trans cocktail mix,tinted windows/body coloured grill/engine cover/SVT door sills
T
T
David Z's car was the IS300 blue, not Ford Racing blue. I personally want to see a yellow one.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
British Racing Green, like the Jag's.

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
A
APT Offline
A
Mmmmm, GGP...

I just got a coat of Zaino on mine. In the sun, it's metallic gray. On cloudy days, it's solid gray. At dawn/Dusk or at night under the lights, it's pearl.

I need to take some better ones of my car. It was cloudy when I took the first ones.

David Z's car is the 2001 IS300 Spectra Blue Mica (SBM). 2002 IS300 Blue is called Intensa Blue Pearl (IBP). If you are looking for some rich colors, check out the Lexus SC430 colors :Egyptian Sand Pearl, Indigo Ink Pearl, Midnight Pine Pearl, Millennium Silver Metallic, Twilight Amethyst Pea

M
MR SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
M
WOW !!!! Thanks alot guys for all your ideas..

I really appreciate the info on what color it is Graphite gray pearl.. Jpett. laugh and APT You Made my day with that pic of the very car that gave me the idea of the color. I sat in it at the Auto show. As long as cost is not too much of an issue it will be painted this color!! smile

Any other ideas would be great.. Can any one with photoshop turn one the SVT's this color for me.. PLEASE I am working my imagination hard to see it but my Brain hurts . wink :rolleyes:

2000 Contour SVT
#1000 0f 2150
Built on 12-17-99, In Kansas City
Custom Painted, "LOOK DEEP THE DIFFERENCE IS WITHIN" -Custom dual pod- indiglo gauges- no res.-KKM intake- Bad A!! NEW Alpine Head Unit-tinted windows- rain visors-the good stuff still to come- !!!!
R
R
I want to paint mine yellow! I was thinking about 99 Mustang Chrome Yellow what do you think? Mine is just a regular Tour and not a SVT. I think the new Zinc Yellow might look good on a Tour too but it's too pale for my taste. The three main colors I'm thinking about are Chrome Yellow, Orange or a Azure Blue like the new Mach 1 Mustang has. Maybe Purple too. I have a t-red car and it is very pretty but it seems that everyone else down in Wilmington also have T-red cars except for Kai.

2000 Ford Contour SE 2.0L Zetec ATX
Removed Air Silencer
Added Side MArkers
Removed Door Ding Guards
-----------------------------------
2001 Ford Mustang 3.8L EFI AODE
Nothing Yet.........
1989 Plymouth Sundance 2.5L A/T
A whole slew of aftermarket stuff but mainly engine work. The list is really long so I decided to save us some bandwidth by taking it out!
1987 Subaru XT GL10 AWD Turbo
Removed half the interior in my never ending quest to find the fuel pump relay so I can fix it!!!!
E
E
I was thinking of House of Kolor Cobalt Blue over Orion Shimmirin (sp?) Base. It is a beautiful color. I haven't seen anything else with it, well, except this....

The woman at the Chrysler display said that the color was "Unknown" Ya, like that sounds mystical.... :rolleyes:

· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard