Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1413831 10/23/05 01:02 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Got under the car today, and cables are good. Seems that something is screwed up on the passenger-side rear caliper. The "hook" that hte ebrake cables pull on wont budge either way. Seems its stuck in the engaged position. Time for another caliper I expected the reman units to last longer than 20 months.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Are you sure the cable isn't screwed. Does the lver feel like it easier to engage than before the problems started occuring.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Ya, thats what tipped me off something was wack, the handbrake lever pulled up super easy. Makes sense, since the one caliper was stuck in the "engaged" position. I disconnected the cable from the suspect caliper and am able to move it in and out by pulling on it with pliars, moves ok. Now the caliper is a different story. After disconnecting the cable and getting the caliper off the car, I still cant budge that little "hook" on the caliper. The other caliper that is still good moves quite freely with a screwdriver for leverage.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard