Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1413246 10/18/05 12:13 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Your original post was confusing.

You want the best lines for the money.

Meaning you have an unlimited budget and price is no object?
OR
You're cheap like everyone else but somehow think you're going to get champagne parts on a beer budget?

There's a big spread there.

The reality is that any of them will do what you want them to do and improve feel. There are some difference in the style of hoses used in that some weave is finer and some teflon thicker from mfg to mfg. But after 20 years of working with the stuff I can't tell you any difference under my foot.

If you're on the 'cost be damned' budget get one spec'd for your need with all SS ends on them. They can be had special order from hose building shops. Never rust and look great. Or...you can add zoomy colored hose covers too if you want.

On the beer budget buy the brand names; Goodridge, ST, Earl's or Aeroquip and be satsified that unless your run inot the tire walll the rest of the car will probably rot around those hoses in ten years.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
#1413247 10/20/05 02:14 AM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
my personal feeling (whether it matters to you or not i don't know) is that brakes are the most important things on the car next to tires. don't cheap out on them. sure you can save 70 bucks and go with a general set of ss lines, but from what i've read and heard about them seemed worth the money for my life and car. don't cheap out on the important stuff.

#1413248 10/20/05 03:38 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Sure it matters! I just think you're putting more thought into this one than you need too.

You want a full on spec SS pacakage- end to end with a full cover liner? Let me know I'll see if I can put you direct to my Goodridge custom builder. Off the top of my head I'd say expect to pay $200+ for the four line set. Call me tomorrow and I'll hook you up.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
#1413249 10/20/05 12:52 PM
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
My Goodridge lines are being delivered today. I guess I just wanted to know who had the best lines in the price range. I've seen a few different brands on Contours and not noted what brand they were. I'm pretty sure the GR's had the most protection around the braided lines.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard