Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
What did this S4 have on it? I have a Stage I+/II chip with somewhere in the area of 300HP/350TQ at the crank. I am running 16# peak PSI. I would give you a run, win or lose. How the hell are ya Tom?

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:
What did this S4 have on it? I have a Stage I+/II chip with somewhere in the area of 300HP/350TQ at the crank. I am running 16# peak PSI. I would give you a run, win or lose. How the hell are ya Tom?

Thats exactly what he has with the addition of a really nice 3" catback. He's running around the same boost too. Must be a common mod for the S4. I have to admit the exhaust was very nice and I saw it first hand when I helped him put on some crossmember to stiffen up his tranny. A really nice piece with a new rubber mount. Its actually an add-on part that the S4 doesnt even come with.

Anyway, that's the same HP/TQ he's claiming with his chip, but I have a hard time believing it.
I can absolutely annihilate him with anything over 6psi.
With 2 passengers. Hehehe.
I think it is because the car weighs like 3800 lbs that it doesn't pull as fast as I expected. Oh well, at least it was a closer race at 4psi.

BTW, I'm doing really good. I'm over here in Ft. Rucker Alabama going to flight school and for the most part loving it.

How are you doing?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:

Thats exactly what he has with the addition of a really nice 3" catback. He's running around the same boost too. Must be a common mod for the S4. I have to admit the exhaust was very nice and I saw it first hand when I helped him put on some crossmember to stiffen up his tranny. A really nice piece with a new rubber mount. Its actually an add-on part that the S4 doesnt even come with.

Anyway, that's the same HP/TQ he's claiming with his chip, but I have a hard time believing it.
I can absolutely annihilate him with anything over 6psi.
With 2 passengers. Hehehe.
I think it is because the car weighs like 3800 lbs that it doesn't pull as fast as I expected. Oh well, at least it was a closer race at 4psi.

BTW, I'm doing really good. I'm over here in Ft. Rucker Alabama going to flight school and for the most part loving it.

How are you doing?

All is well here. I am just working and playing with the car and the bike. Flight school, huh? Nice.
I dyno'd my car and that is what crank numbers add up to. One thing you gotta keep in mind with the S4's is that your lose about 35% to the drivetrain, whereas you only lose about 18% on a FWD/RWD. The AWD has a ton of moving parts, so it takes more power to see dyno or track power. Take your buddy out to the twisties and you will realize what the Four Rings are all about!
When you making it out this way again? Let me know and we'll catch a beer or something.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Probably not until mid next summer if at all.

Oh well, if I do get to Tucson/Phoenix to see friends and family I'll pm you when I get there. Hopefully you'll still troll around here.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Stazi:
Personally - if it was my S/C, I would disassemble the whole thing, take the shaft and have it machined to accept one of these:
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=551

Alternatively go to Mcmaster.com - Flexible Couplings, and check out their spider couplings or shear couplings

Both options are cheap - you just need to do some GOOD (i.e. not on your bench grinder!) machine work

We had been looking at flex couplingsa but there isn't to many machines shops I can find around here. I want to keep looking as I spent way to much money to just give up on all of this. I have almost enough money to sent it back to vortech and I may just do that. But if I can get a good enough warranty on the parts and work done by the machine shops then I will just do it like that.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Definitely go with a flex coupling of some sort! Paying vortec to rebuild their crap is like puttin good money after bad.
You can have a fitting made that mates to the splines and bolts on with a nut and washer for added friction as well.
Just get a good machinist on the problem.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard