Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
I've posted the car on Craigslist for $9250

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/103814138.html

This is probably a little high, but judging from the very limited number of SVT's out there right now I'd see what happens...

But seriously, there's an identical car with 33k miles for $10,500 and a '98 with 80k miles for $7k. In the auto trader there's one SVT, a green '99 with 80k miles, for $7700. I'm thinking with lower miles and being in almost flawless condition I'd price mine right in the middle. Seems fair.

Nada says average is $8000 though, KBB says $7400. My car is definately in above average condition without a ding, scratch or any fading of the interior due to the tinted windows, so asking more seems reasonable.

What do you think?

If anyone is interested I'm located in the Bothell/Mill Creek area.

Thanks for any input...!

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Good luck with that

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
M
OP Offline
M
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
Good luck with that

Thanks for the positive feedback

What do you suggest I start at then based on current asking prices in the AREA and the completely all-over-the-board prices that Nada, Edmunds, KBB, and others give me ranging from $7400 to $9100 for an "average?" If $7400 is what the market commands, then it's worth $7400, fine, but I just can't imagine that's the case based on what I can find for prices on similar vehicles. Are ALL of these people just being optimistic?

I don't think I'm being stupid or asking a stupid question here... But maybe someone has superior Contour-market info.

Other real, legitamite, non-nonsensical input is appreciated.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Oh flam on�

Don�t forget that your car is 6yrs old, two, even though you do have an SVT (oh how I wish I did) and on this site that�s gold, on the REAL open market a contour, SVT or non, are not what people are looking to buy. Most are looking at imports, this is about to hurt, they tend to last longer and cost less to operate. With that said, I think any where from $7,500-$8,500 would be more like it. This is what 5mins on the net got me�

Three 1999 contour SVT�s

Whats that? oh thats ok.

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Well unfortunately the few of us that actually want to get rid of our CSVT's find that there really isnt a big market for them. Only a few people out there have as much love and passion for these cars. And a majority are here on CEG. So Id say adjust the price or add an obo, and stick it in the CEG classifieds. You may find that you will want to keep it or you may have to take a hit getting rid of it. If I hadnt bought my mustang I would of probably made an offer to you. Silver was always my second choice.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
I've found Seattle/Vancouver seem to have higher than average car prices.

Anyway, my black SVT just crossed 50k km's (31k mi's) and when I plan on selling it in a year or so (ish), I'll be asking for at least 13k CAD.

You're priced about right I think.

O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
Oh flam on�

Don�t forget that your car is 6yrs old, two, even though you do have an SVT (oh how I wish I did) and on this site that�s gold, on the REAL open market a contour, SVT or non, are not what people are looking to buy. Most are looking at imports, this is about to hurt, they tend to last longer and cost less to operate. With that said, I think any where from $7,500-$8,500 would be more like it. This is what 5mins on the net got me�

Three 1999 contour SVT�s

Whats that? oh thats ok.

The mileage on those cars are triple or quadruple of his.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Merkurwwu:
I've posted the car on Craigslist for $9250

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/103814138.html

This is probably a little high, but judging from the very limited number of SVT's out there right now I'd see what happens...

But seriously, there's an identical car with 33k miles for $10,500 and a '98 with 80k miles for $7k. In the auto trader there's one SVT, a green '99 with 80k miles, for $7700. I'm thinking with lower miles and being in almost flawless condition I'd price mine right in the middle. Seems fair.

Nada says average is $8000 though, KBB says $7400. My car is definately in above average condition without a ding, scratch or any fading of the interior due to the tinted windows, so asking more seems reasonable.

What do you think?

If anyone is interested I'm located in the Bothell/Mill Creek area.

Thanks for any input...!

I bought my t-red svt with 71k on it, and got it for 6200. Car was in almost mint condition, it has some very small scratches on the hood. Everything else was perfect and still is. That is a tad bit much to pay for a svt in the states.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Well, Merkurwwu's sales problems are over, since I just got back to Portland with his SVT!

The Contour (named her "Sea") really is in very good condition, except for a few issues (which he disclosed right away). She drives and rides like a dream; the very car I wanted to buy/mod for myself 6 years ago but couldn't afford at the time.

Anyway, I am now lucky enough to have 2 SVTs in the family (wife's gonna upgrade from a Contour SE to a SVT Adrenaline when that comes out). Sea is now my new daily driver, and Elle becomes my new garage queen.

Looks like you'll be getting another participant at the meets!

~rick

2000 SVT Lightning ("Elle", hot red, of course) 1999 SVT Contour ("Sea", smooth silver, very sleek)
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds good!

Welcome!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard