Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1409980 10/19/05 08:35 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
HEY WARMONGER.....

First...I don't Know where you are living...Beverly Hills or some kind of [censored] like that but where ME I'm living we don't see 20's on a "small" car like a Contour very often...if we see 20's on a car it will be on a SUV' or big luxury car like a mercedes and all that kind of car but all the other cars have lil' [censored] 15" wheels.... SO YES IT WILL BE [censored] ORIGINAL AND EVERYONE WILL TURN HEADS...

Second...Yes maybe it's a contraction but it's because FRENCH is my first language....I just learn english at school SO IT'S NORMAL THAT I MAKE SOME MISTAKE IN MY WORDS!!! And I don't know what you mean...people who really wants to be different put different things on their cars so it's not a SVT Contour with 17" rims like everyone have....

Third...."I lost the time of the people" like you said becasue even if it's not my priority I will put wheels soon and DONT YOU EVER THINK THAT IT'S IMPORTANT SOMETIME TO MAKE PLANS OF WHAT YOU WANTS SO YOU DONT MAKE MISTAKE!!!! and WHY I DONT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BAGGING MY CAR ???? it's because I KNOW IT and I KNOW IT BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM i'm sure....maybe it's not true maybe some one know better than me...but I worked in a shop where they specialize in air suspension so i know it very well!!!!

and finally...20 inch rims are stronger than you think....my friend got 20's with 255/35/20 tires on his Ford Ranger for years now....and he don't had any problems with them...his wheels brights as hell and they don't have a scrach on it and he's rollin' it EVERYDAY!!!he hits pothole a lot and his wheels are #1!!!! SO DON'T TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW FUUUCKER!!!!

#1409981 10/19/05 08:43 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1409982 10/19/05 11:42 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by BaggedContour:
HEY WARMONGER.....

First...I don't Know where you are living...Beverly Hills or some kind of [censored] like that but where ME I'm living we don't see 20's on a "small" car like a Contour very often...if we see 20's on a car it will be on a SUV' or big luxury car like a mercedes and all that kind of car but all the other cars have lil' [censored] 15" wheels.... SO YES IT WILL BE [censored] ORIGINAL AND EVERYONE WILL TURN HEADS...

Second...Yes maybe it's a contraction but it's because FRENCH is my first language....I just learn english at school SO IT'S NORMAL THAT I MAKE SOME MISTAKE IN MY WORDS!!! And I don't know what you mean...people who really wants to be different put different things on their cars so it's not a SVT Contour with 17" rims like everyone have....

Third...."I lost the time of the people" like you said becasue even if it's not my priority I will put wheels soon and DONT YOU EVER THINK THAT IT'S IMPORTANT SOMETIME TO MAKE PLANS OF WHAT YOU WANTS SO YOU DONT MAKE MISTAKE!!!! and WHY I DONT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BAGGING MY CAR ???? it's because I KNOW IT and I KNOW IT BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM i'm sure....maybe it's not true maybe some one know better than me...but I worked in a shop where they specialize in air suspension so i know it very well!!!!

and finally...20 inch rims are stronger than you think....my friend got 20's with 255/35/20 tires on his Ford Ranger for years now....and he don't had any problems with them...his wheels brights as hell and they don't have a scrach on it and he's rollin' it EVERYDAY!!!he hits pothole a lot and his wheels are #1!!!! SO DON'T TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW FUUUCKER!!!!

yeah but his 255/35 will have a bigger sidewall than 215/35 or 22/35.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
#1409983 10/20/05 12:38 AM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
HEY WARMONGER.....

BwaHahahahahahahah!
You totally made my night. I didn't say a "contraction", I said "CONTRADICTION"!
It means you said two (2) opposite things in one sentence. Such as:
"I want to do 20's because they are original.."
and then:
"I know it will work because someone else did 20's..."

Then you say 20's are so stong....because your friend had them. And he has a doggone Ford RANGER...TRUCK! Bwahahaha
No wonder his 20's are so strong. Ford Trucks are built Ford Tough right? This of course is written right after the post where the guy said X bent a rim and had to have it straightened. (BTW I've got no problems against X's car, it looks pretty good, rims and all)

And then you really crack me up with the beverly hills comments. NO ONE there would even own a contour, let alone one with 20's. Look at my sig, I'm in friggin Lower Alabama! Bwahahahaha.

As far as the language barrier...I didn't even notice. You've got better English than some of the americans I've met.

Oh yeah, You're a French speaker and you say you know a lot about bags......I'd have guessed that ANYWAY.
Hehehe

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1409984 10/20/05 02:29 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by warmonger:
HEY WARMONGER.....

BwaHahahahahahahah!
You totally made my night. I didn't say a "contraction", I said "CONTRADICTION"!
It means you said two (2) opposite things in one sentence. Such as:
"I want to do 20's because they are original.."
and then:
"I know it will work because someone else did 20's..."

it's the fact to have 20's that is original it's the fact I have 20's on a CONTOUR and not on a TRUCK

#1409985 10/20/05 02:52 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Listen, kid. I think twenty inch wheels are a stupid fad. So do some other people here. I see you've run into a few of them. The whole "Pimp My Ride" thing just passed me by.

Huge wheels make the car ride, handle, and generally do everything a car does, worse.

But they look blingin'. That's all they have.

Cars with big wheels, bags, LCD monitors in every orifice: they're pretty dumb. It's like every kid in America (and Canada) wants their parents basement to look really cool, and roll around on manhole covers.

And they all look the same!

But wait, you'll be the only Contour around with 20s!

Buy a Festiva and pimp that. It'll be more original.

So you're doing this to be different, right? It's all for looks?

Then why a Contour? I love the platform, but these cars are not particularly sexy-looking. They drive nice, but you don't seem to care about ride or handling, so that must not matter to you.

Personally, I think newer Hondas look really nice. Why don't you go find a forum of Honda owners and tell them you want to bag a Honda, and put 20's on it. I bet the reception will be a lot warmer.

So you came, and you asked: Can I do it?

We said: it's a dumb idea, but it's possible.

You argued that it is indeed, a good idea.

Well it's not. If you want to do it, you know it's possible, so do it. On a bagged car? Maybe, I don't know. It depends on the setup. Which... oh yeah, you don't have yet.

We've told you all we know. So why are you still here? You're not asking for information, you're asking us to tell you that yes, you can put twenty inch wheels on your car, and it will be great, so go do it. Well, that's not going to happen. They suck, and you'd be a fool for doing it. Some people, like X, are happy being fools. They have the disposable income and the desire to do it, just to do it. But they know that running tiny tires isn't really a "good" idea. You seem to have trouble getting it throgh your skull. I would have though the large "STFU" graphic would have helped, but I guess not.

You got the facts. What more do you want?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
#1409986 10/20/05 03:19 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
so he's not the best forum poster. lol

i give him credit for doing what he wants to do. I'm sure he thought he'd see a warmer reception but this forum dosne't seem to have a wide variety of tastes. I love my SVT for its ride, handling and other reasons. Other people just aren't into it. As long as he's trying to do something unique and not something rice or "pimp my ride"ish then i'm going to tell him to do it. granted if all he wants to do is slap on some 20's and call it a day.. that's just plain ghetto.

I just kind of have to back the guy up some. so what he dosen't want a 14 second 1/4, .9g skidpad contour. maybe he wants a unique ride that turns heads. maybe he'll be the first to do something unique that stands apart. maybe he won't. but maybe we shouldn't be so quick to bash on him.. after all its just a 4 banger tour so what if it ends up crappy (LOL i just lit the fuse for all you non-SVTers)

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
#1409987 10/20/05 11:53 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B

OK it seems I offense some other people here and it was not my intention.....I don't tell you you're stupid because you say 20's don't go on a Contour I just say that it is possible and that I will propably do it but it's not sure...And Auto-X I understand what you means but me it's not to do like every and follow the fashion that a put 20's and bagz on my car...it's because I always dream about having a car with air suspension and I love big wheels too I think it goes well with the air suspension....I love the look of a SVT contour with 17" rims too but when I see svt Contour here in Quebec it's always that way that they are and I don't want to be like them and it's a personal choice....maybe if I had a 1999 SVT Contour I could put 17" on it but no i only own a 1995 2.0L Contour that is very not powerful and that's why I think it's perfect to put air bags and 20's wheels becasue I will not lose power or handling or all that because and dont do speed with my Contour....I always liked more the lowrider than the ricers and that's another reason Why I do that on my car...

Why I do that on a Contour ?? because like i said i love lowrider and i always wanted to put air suspension on my car so I choose a big 4 doors sedan because it's a good cars to do that i think....I had other cars in my choices like a Dodge Stratus or even a pick-up....put I saw that Contour on my way home and it seems realy great so I stop to see it and I Bought it and i'm really happy....so that's why I choose a Contour...by the way a HATE hondas and i will never buy a honda and I don't think their receptions will be greater than yours because all hondas owner want the same again.....RICERS...

By the way on don't have my air suspension yet because HERE in QUEBEC we have a winter with a lot of snow which is very not a good idea to go in snow with a air suspension so that's why a wait until the spring to do it....unless you give me money so I can buy a winter car but now i don't have the money to buy a winter car yet...

and yes i do it all for the look and for my OWN personal satisfaction not for others....because the first thing that make me love a car it's his look...

Why I still here ??? Because it's a FORUM and what's a Forum ???...it's a place where we can discuss about anything and get information for now OR FOR THE FUTURE!!!! I it,s okay I got the information on 20's that i wanted to now I can talk about another things...

and you know....I know that I can bent my wheels if I hit a pothole but it's a chance to take....i could put a SVT engine in my contour and do speed and blow out my engine ...it will be the same cost than a broken wheels or even more expensive....so there's good side and bad side to anythings and then you make the choice what chance do you take I choose to take I chance to bent my wheels...

And sorry if I don't understand your "STFU" grafic...it's because i'm not very good in english and I don't know what it means in french...

And i'm sorry "warmonger" and everyone else if I hurt yourself by what I said on my other post but it's because "warmonger" said me that I was losing people's time because I was asking if 20's rims fit on a Contour when I know that I don't buy 20's right now....and that really make me angry....I had never speak to him and he said me go out and not waste the time of others with my stupid question....but My only intention was to get some information for FUTURE PLANS!!! It's like he was saying me that I was not welcomme on this forum....

so that's what I wanted to say and now I have finish and I don't want to start a war with you...because it's just a question of taste...some people like the power and other like the look of the cars...and they're both very fine...so sorry I can go and find another Forum if it's really what you want ??????????...or we can all forget this question on 20 inch rims and talk of other things....so what do you choose ??? (by the way sorry for the extra long text)

see you soon

#1409988 10/21/05 12:57 AM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Oh man..
Don't take it so hard. I have no problem with you liking the way 20's look. I WANT you to come and become a member of the forum and I WANT you to stick up for your opinion. If you want 20's then put them on. Just don't think it is original. That is where I had to laugh as it is NOT original anymore.
As far as the wasting time comment, you were asking about 20's and then when you were getting a little grief you said that you weren't going to do it right now anyway. So it seemed like you were trying to tell us that it didn't matter that much. So I said why waste the time.

I still think putting bags and 20s is not original. I think with the right car it will look nice....For THAT TYPE of car. I wont own one myself. If you like it then that is a GOOD ENOUGH reason without saying you are trying to be original.

So no hard feelings at all. And I didn't get mad that you called me a fuuuukker because I did poke you in the eye pretty good. I actually had fun reading it but I don't want it to be personal.
Hey, I'm just kind of a hard man. I speak my mind (intelligently) and expect the same.

Now if it were Todras or Demon, I'd mean EVERY Word!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1409989 10/21/05 02:14 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
THAT'S COOL MAN...PEACE!!! LET'S JUST HAVE EACH ONE OUR OPINION and that's fine to me!!!

by the way sorry to tell you fuucker loll but I was so angry in that time loll

see you soon!;)

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard