Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
My day at the state fair (after our [censored] awesome win against ou) began with a smoked turkey leg. My perennial favorite, it tastes like ham but so much juicier and better:

next, it was new (to me) deep-fried cheesecake. When my friend brought these over, I was like, wtf.. they look like deep-fried sticks of butter. They actually tasted pretty good.. like cheesecake filling with a crispy crackly outside:

next were deep-fried oreos sprinkled with powdered sugar and new to me deep-fried strawberries. I didn't know you could even deep-fry strawberries. They take hulled frozen berries, dip them in batter and fry them. A little bit of batter fills up the inside and stays unfried, so you get a crispy outside, sweet and tart berry and a gooey center:

by now, I'm starting to slow down. I think my blood was congealing from the grease shock. Nonetheless, we move on to the deep-fried twinkies:

and to cap our state fair foods tour, we end with deep-fried ice cream. It's a baseball-sized ball of deep-frozen cinnamon ice cream, breaded with oats or something, fried and served with whipped cream and cherries on top. It really didn't taste all that different from the standard ice cream with toppings:

we started at noon and ended at about 3:30. It's 11 PM right now and I'm still full. I'm going to go have a heart attack now.

TEXAS FIGHT!!!!!!

E0 SVT, lightly modded
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I love you, man!

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hey! I was actually frying powdered donuts in my fryers today for my co-workers! They taste like mini-funnel cakes!

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I cna't wait! I'll be there on Friday. The SFOT is great. Let the childhood flashbacks begin.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
You may need to start an exercise program after that free-for-all.
What a game, way to go Horns!!!
Already looking for tickets to Big 12 Championship here in Houston.

"Not a newbie" Been here since it all started!! 98 silver SVT Contour several mods and counting www.pickettperformance.com "Remember, you're part of the human race, try not to embarrass the rest of us"

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard